IGNORED

ANALogous

Guest Italic Eyeball

Guest Italic Eyeball

so this one day i was listenin to some µ-Ziq, and i realized that it seems like a lot of the µ-Ziq albums seem analogous to aphex twin releases (not intended, just the feel of the album).

The Essential LP: Richard D. James Album <-> Lunatic Harness (latter more upbeat)

The Essential EP: Come to Daddy <-> Brace Yourself (once again, the latter less trashcore, more upbeat)

Long Crazy Epic: Drukqs <-> Meast

Chosen Lords <-> Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique (i dunno, these albums just sound really similar imo for some reason, except the µ-Ziq is really dark)

i'm probably just really fucked in the headjoints, but these are my thoughts.

dont forget

Tango N Vectif - SAW 85-92 (simple 4/4 melodies and 80s synth/drum workouts)

Tusken Raiders - Caustic Window (harsh lo-fi acid sideproject)

Guest Italic Eyeball
dont forget

Tango N Vectif - SAW 85-92 (simple 4/4 melodies and 80s synth/drum workouts)

Tusken Raiders - Caustic Window (harsh lo-fi acid sideproject)

yeah i made the t 'n v - saw connection, too. didn't think of the second one, though.

I've always thought that I care because you do... was inspired from Tango N' Vectif. A lot of the melodies are the same. It's like Richard said "Tango N' Vectif is a cool album, let's keep going on that thread."

• 4 weeks later...
I've always thought that I care because you do... was inspired from Tango N' Vectif. A lot of the melodies are the same. It's like Richard said "Tango N' Vectif is a cool album, let's keep going on that thread."

Yeah actually. I'm not really that familiar with µ-Ziq's stuff, so I've been listening through his catalogue trying to hear it all in context. Skimming through Tango n' Vectif, there were at least 5 moments where I thought "holy shit, AFX totally just expanded on this idea in ICBYD". It does give me a new respect for µ-Ziq. I still have yet to find a track of his I'm really in love with. Usually there's a couple elements in each song that I like, and then a couple elements that I find really tacky. That's how I feel about most Planet Mu artists I've heard, come to think of it.

I've always thought that I care because you do... was inspired from Tango N' Vectif. A lot of the melodies are the same.

Skimming through Tango n' Vectif, there were at least 5 moments where I thought "holy shit, AFX totally just expanded on this idea in ICBYD".

Such as?

I've always thought that I care because you do... was inspired from Tango N' Vectif. A lot of the melodies are the same.

Skimming through Tango n' Vectif, there were at least 5 moments where I thought "holy shit, AFX totally just expanded on this idea in ICBYD".

Such as?

No idea what the song titles were, I was just skimming through, and that was a week ago. I see this subforum doesn't get much action. Also, one of the songs sounded like it could have been the precursor to Donkey Rhubarb... unless Donkey Rhubarb came first. I'll let the electronic music historians figure that one out.

• 2 months later...
Guest ezkerraldean
wait till you discover the connection between afx and Ae releases

and the connection between afx releases and the mayan calendar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Comparing Meast and Drukqs is just plain wrong.

:angry:

Chosen Lords <-> Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique (i dunno, these albums just sound really similar imo for some reason, except the µ-Ziq is really dark)

lol

• 1 year later...

yeah its amazong its like there both doing these new style of brakecore were its much slower and all the beats and black man talking are missing

OMG so similar

Archived