IGNORED

Mu-ziqs latest album

Guest Kenneth172

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit! I just had an uncontrollable laughing fit looking at a bunch of pictures from a recent road trip of friends and I posing like physically/mentally challenged folks; 'Woozy' paired perfectly with the the notion of being deliberately, but uncomfortably, retarded. I recommend everyone try this!

• 1 year later...

to answer the original question...

the album is complete shit.

i will admit that i have never held µ-ziq in very high regard, but this is a new low... even for his career of mindblowing mediocrity.

wow this bloke seems really passionate about hatred

Personally I think it's a brilliant album... Mike really captures this feeling of mindbending insanity unlike any other artist does.

• 2 years later...

Never really listened to Duntisbourne, but now...

STRAWBERRY FIELDS HOTEL

Even though he could have composed a bit more around it - and the melody is relatively simple - it is sooooo beautiful, I listened about 11 million times to it.

DRUM LIGHT

Holy fuck. How can he do that? Last time I was close to death by heart attack was Mahlers Symphony 6 ending. Also good melody, on the minor side of tone scale.

I never got the hate for this album. It's decidedly different than all his other albums so maybe it was jarring in that respect (maybe people had certain expectations of Mike's sound?), but some of the songs are incredible.

Rise of the Salmon, Strawberry Fields Hotel.... Acid Steak Night.... even Old and Tired (as relatively simple as it is) are all Mike P classics in my books.

That said I do find I have to be in the mood for this release, it's not as easy listening as his other releases.

Drum Light is some of the most emotionally intense piece of music I've ever heard. Not my fav Mike P album (Tango N Vectif all the way!), but one of his most unique tune.

Drum Light - Very unique tune - and it works. The whole mood of the album is just perfectly set. That cover. I think he's made some good covers. I don't know always what is good about them. E.g. that picture of his youth in Aberystwyth Marine... He is unique which is good.

I wish there was some longer remix with maybe beats of Strawberry. Rise of the Salmon I feel could be reworked by BoC.

• 3 weeks later...

DRUM LIGHT

Holy fuck. How can he do that? Last time I was close to death by heart attack was Mahlers Symphony 6 ending. Also good melody, on the minor side of tone scale.

I mentioned how the sudden volume swell on DL scarred me at some point on the Soundcloud dump and Mike replied saying something to the effect that it was initially a mistake but he decided to just go with it.

Archived