IGNORED

Joyrex + Aphex = Falling out?

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

Joyrex mentioned that he and Richard used to be on friendly terms, but that they had a "falling out". He also mentioned that this tale had been recounted again and again in these hallowed forums. since im lazy and cant be arsed, anyone care to retell this epic?

ps

Caustic has a sexy ass.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what i understand, and i wasnt here when it happened, was that, after listening to drukqs for the first time, joyrex told aphex that it was "quite good" or something and aphex took that as an insult

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
from what i understand, and i wasnt here when it happened, was that, after listening to drukqs for the first time, joyrex told aphex that it was "quite good" or something and aphex took that as an insult

is this really why or are you guys fucking with me? how the fuck can you take "quite good" as an insult?!

i thought drukqs was a bit shit when i first heard it...

Guest Barricade

No one takes "quite good" as an insult. He probably said it was "decent". Aphex just couldn't bear the fact that 2 discs of new stuff was classified as "decent".

Guest earlgrey
Joyrex broke a string on Aphex Twin's double bass when they were in a jazz band together.

coupled with the fact that Joyrex had leaked Aphex Man's Star Wars song, things were not looking good for the duo.

Guest Caustic
Joyrex broke a string on Aphex Twin's double bass when they were in a jazz band together.

coupled with the fact that Joyrex had leaked Aphex Man's Star Wars song, things were not looking good for the duo.

I can't wait to see Joyrex and Aphex on "electronic music Jazzbands: Where are they now?"

Guest Kenneth172
Joyrex mentioned that he and Richard used to be on friendly terms, but that they had a "falling out". He also mentioned that this tale had been recounted again and again in these hallowed forums. since im lazy and cant be arsed, anyone care to retell this epic?

ps

Caustic has a sexy ass.

You trying to say they had a lovers' tiff? I'm sure Joyrex will love that!

Guest Moebius

I believe this was after Aphex gave Joyrex a sneak preview of the album before it was released. It is a bit more understand given this but still, sounds like Richard rather over-reacted.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

ps

Caustic has a sexy ass.

Joyrex is the one who told me, jackass.

Guest Kenneth172

ps

Caustic has a sexy ass.

Joyrex is the one who told me, jackass.

Joyrex Told you that they are lovers? Wow....

Guest Quixote

Way back in the day Joyrex did explain this story. Joyrex is quoted as using the "quite good" statement regarding DrukQs, which apparently seemed a bit flat or insulting, and there was a whole thread about how ridiculous this seemed. I forget if it was due to a rift in UK/US lingo or if it was specific to Aphex only. We need a poll!

Guest Kenneth172
Way back in the day Joyrex did explain this story. Joyrex is quoted as using the "quite good" statement regarding DrukQs, which apparently seemed a bit flat or insulting, and there was a whole thread about how ridiculous this seemed. I forget if it was due to a rift in UK/US lingo or if it was specific to Aphex only. We need a poll!

So Joyrex is in the US then? Seems like there's a predominant rift between UK/US lingo on this forum...

Archived