IGNORED

Somewhere

Dale

Guest Helper ET

Hallatt Somewhere, kind of rules. The detuning is excellent. When the tempo increases is also an enjoyable moment. Pretty much it's awesome. Really.

Guest Helper ET

Dale, did make a piece of music, then change the speed of the sample, therefore increasing or decreasing the pitch? It kind of sounds like you might have, because it sounds like key changes here and there, but when the tempo increases near the end, it kind of sounds like you just sped up the sample. I can't really explain very well, but I think you know what I mean.

yeah, i can sort of see what you are saying. i certainly have altered the pitch in some areas of "somewhere", then obviously nearer to the end, i sped up the arpegiatted melody, and added another layer of new drums, which were already at the tempo i wanted so it sort of gave off a more progressive sped up feel to the song to give it another direction towards the end.

Guest tht! tne

somewhere: nice techniques at the beginning. i like when the beat comes in. the bit at about 1:25 is nice. i like the melody that comes in after that too. right around 3:00 is kinda aphexy. i like that. then the new rhythm comes in. also good.

syndiem tek: i like the way this starts out a lot better. it does things rhythmically that i didn't expect. the sounds lend it a professional veneer. you went kinda wild with the guitar; i like it. i like that the track defies my expectations. surprise is the element that usually keeps me listening to music, so... i would like to see how you made these two. you get a lot of sounds i don't know where to find. oh this one also has a rhythmic shift that is interesting. i like the drum rolls around 3:00. i like the one flanged hit towards the end. the last 10 seconds are the best part imo.

cheers twentyfourange and tht! tne

man i have a lot of time for you tht! tne,

you are always there to listen to my latest stuff! I'm glad you like both of my latest tunes

somewhere - i like the sounds and the song has a nice beat. i think you should either pan the synths away from the centered drums, or mix the drums to take out some of the higher frequencies. the hi-hats and snares are right around the same frequencies as the synths you're using, so they clash in teh mix and make it sound muddier. with a little eq or filtering, i think everything could sit together a bit nicer. i like the tempo change and the drum loop is awesome especially ending with the open hi-hat.

I liked the ending of the first one a lot, and liked the beginning of the second one a lot. Whereas I was not as keen on the beginning of the first and the end of the second. A lot of good ideas though. Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Archived