IGNORED

BOC worth seeing live?

Guest Kibreg

i saw them support autechre at the edinburgh venue about ten years ago.

superb.

blew autechre out of the park.

i think the coachella thing isn't going to happen though.

it was announced last year, and the year before.

Guest loga (xn) = n loga x
what are the chances of a BoC UK tour? virtually zero?

A tour, virtually zero. But hopefully they'll have one or two live dates now that TCH has been absorbed. Have they done anything live since the release? What was the last live set they did?

Guest BunnyRabbit

what are the chances of a BoC UK tour? virtually zero?

A tour, virtually zero. But hopefully they'll have one or two live dates now that TCH has been absorbed. Have they done anything live since the release? What was the last live set they did?

Last live was was ATP in April 2001. I was at the Lighthouse do and the biggest thing for me apart from seeing the guys in the flesh and all that was the visuals which were pretty rad. As for liveness I didn't really get the impression that they were doing much live playing with one of them pretty much just stood there.

A friend of mine was at ATP and he said it wasn't that great a vibe from the crowd. Someone was writing Boreds Of Canada in the condensation on the window!

There's only those three recordings (Warp 10, Lighthouse and ATP) out in the wild.

On the Yahoo group there was a guy who knew one of the organisers and he claimed that BOC had been approached but turned it down. This was last year. But then HSO said they hadn't been approached and asked the guy for more details.

They've talked about playing live recently so I'd say it was entirely possible that they would play at Coachella.

i'd love to hear some more unreleased stuff when they play live again ( and it's recorded....

live @ warp10 , unreleased track three (the last track) is totally mind blowing

boards of canada on my birthday. Fuck fuck fuck fuck off fuck off now. If anyone feels like buying me a plane fare out their Ill love you forever!

I didn't believe it last year when it said they were playing Coachella, and I don't believe it this year, but if both Esthero and Boards of Canada are expected to show up when the real lineup comes out, I will try my hardest to fly out there (even though I've already seen Esthero live before).

Archived