IGNORED

Hi... I'm Thisket.

Guest Thisket

Guest thisket

I'm not sure if this is even proper as far as this message board goes, but I wanted to indulge in the guilty pleasure of exposing myself. As you may have guessed, I make electronic music. Please let me know what you think and any feedback, positive or negative is greatly appreciated. I'm just really shy.

Please look at:

Thisket.com.

(Most importantly the Audioroom.)

I'm not sure if this is even proper as far as this message board goes, but I wanted to indulge in the guilty pleasure of exposing myself. As you may have guessed, I make electronic music. Please let me know what you think and any feedback, positive or negative is greatly appreciated. I'm just really shy.

Please look at:

Thisket.com.

(Most importantly the Audioroom.)

Some advice: you should really post a link to say one or two of your best tracks to start with. Much easier than peeps having to wade through a gazzalion tracks of an unknown person.

I've now listened to quite a lot of your tracks and I'm still searching for one that has a melody. Some of your tracks have a lot of potential - such as Car Alarm Meets Jaymar.

Your Chaos, Please (Remix by Thisket) sounds an awful lot like The Elephant Song by Afx :fear:

But a lot of your stuff are just a bunch of sounds such as Summer Vinyl Boot and Eckt, Hard, (B). Summer Vinyl Boot could be a great opener to a very dark track. All it needs are a couple of melodies and some bass and perhaps some relaxed but dark drums.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I haven't found anything that has caught my attention yet. As Promo said, give a couple of links to a few of your best tracks and then we'll gladly listen...

Guest thisket

Yes, I guess it's hard to deny that I admire Mr. James.

The audioroom has a list at the top ("Important Listening") that're the best (I'm guessing).

This song too. I've been working on some of this since I was 14, and now I'm 18.

Thank you so much for looking! I apologize again for being such an AFX emulator (Yes, Polygon Teapot - Polygon Window, his song "My Teapot".) My particular song stinks anyway.

This song too. I've been working on some of this since I was 14, and now I'm 18.

Man - if you just added some sick beats to that it would sound insane! Do it do it do it do it do it do it!

Guest thisket

Like what?

I have a sample sequencer where I can use the old Roland drum sounds, but that was a kind've off-tempo drum loop that I put a synthesizer to. It'd be really hard to match up...

I'll remember that and try it one day when I get a computer to record on again (this computer isn't up to recording standards).

Guest Magic Cassette

there seems to be a good bit of healthy experimentation going on here.

unfortunately for me, it's all too scattered to be very enjoyable in one sit-down listen. perhaps if you combined some like-tracks together (the crazy shit, the ambient shit) it would seem a bit more focused.

i think if you sat down and concentrated on about 5-10 songs for a few months, the results could be pretty nice!

Like what?

I have a sample sequencer where I can use the old Roland drum sounds, but that was a kind've off-tempo drum loop that I put a synthesizer to. It'd be really hard to match up...

I'll remember that and try it one day when I get a computer to record on again (this computer isn't up to recording standards).

What music programs do you have?

Guest thisket

I have that Traktor program, but rarely ever use it. I have a basic midi program, but I don't use it with analogue instruments or anything. I also have a TB-303 emulator that has a drum sample sequencer thingie.

What I really use is a realtime recorder thing that just records. I usually just hook up all my instruments up to my computer and use the computer to just record. One day I may use programs more often, but I get tired looking for them or trying to figure out how they work.

I have that Traktor program, but rarely ever use it. I have a basic midi program, but I don't use it with analogue instruments or anything. I also have a TB-303 emulator that has a drum sample sequencer thingie.

What I really use is a realtime recorder thing that just records. I usually just hook up all my instruments up to my computer and use the computer to just record. One day I may use programs more often, but I get tired looking for them or trying to figure out how they work.

You should try out Reason, Logic or whatever and start working on some beats

Guest thisket

I know this'll sound stupid, but what are those? Are they drum machine things or...? I seem to get really depressed when I make computer music, though. I may just not know any programs that are any good.

Thanks for all the current input. Does anyone like

Jiffyfit? Sorry for any compliment-fishing.

somebody should make a beat for the "sample" song. --- eckt hard B.

show him how good it could be. not me i suck at the beats.

some of these songs are pretty cool though man. though not developed.

thisket- fruity reason etc are progs that you could just get a demo of and fiddle around with. they are very easy to use sequencers. you just select the drum sounds you want and click places to make those sounds et voila. beats as easy as breakfast.

Guest thisket

I'm definitely up for anyone putting their s into my music. I'd even send you a PCM copy.

Oh, and I have a program or two that do that beat sequencing thing. I'm just incredibly ignorant of the names for things. I remember trying Fruity Loops or something and hating it. I'll try Reason, maybe.

Guest thisket

Oh, I just noticed that the links for two of the songs at the top of my audio page didn't work. Those songs are

here and
here. Sorry.

Archived