IGNORED

How you got into the Luke Viberts

Guest hahathhat

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

after seeing this and this, i figured it was about time i shared this:

my first exposure to luke vibert was when some mp3s of his were posted on a web page (legally, i think!), from him DJing on the radio. one was the studio session track with video game remixes - called viddinsession on the page - and i rather liked them, but they didn't make a huge impression, really. i listened to the tracks a bit, then entirely forgot about them for the next five years or so.

a few years later, i was in college and learning the joys of psychedelics. a day or two before a trip, i was just listening to music, and i happened to remember the vibert tracks i had. i enqueued them in winamp. a few days later, when i was tripping, i just set winamp going and lay on my bed - i had totally forgotten about the vibert tracks i left there, i had started it on whatever i had enqueued before his tracks...

but then they came on. and i promptly snapped to attention. i dunno what it was, but my reaction was something like, "holy shit!!" and i was suddenly a fan. i think the one that really did it was "thick stew," but "corn" and "crazydiscoparty" also blew me away.

i started getting albums real soon after that, and my number of legal vibert albums has almost surpassed my number of legal afx albums now.... sssh....

then i got throbbing pouch

then weirs i think

then drum n bass for Joyrex

then big soup i think

then tally ho

that lovely 12" which was not very good at all

then i think i started to stop buying everything

then musipal

then i kinda lost interest

too many releases

not enough that i liked

then i got benefist

and its the best album since the first 3 on this list

i still haven't heard phat lab nightmare

Guest organizedconfusedproject

I first listen to a vibert's remix of yoko kan(n?)o from the seatbelts, the group which composed the OST of cowboy bebop (Kawaaboï Bibopu). I don't pay that attention.

Thne I ask my cousin to send me some shit by msn. He sends me Father(drukqs) and then ventolin(video version). Little-by-little i get into The Aphex Twin, and now i'm here.

I want to touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him touch him HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM HIM Argarggglglgll :exploding head:

Then i learned luke was one of his mate and i guess the first album I heared was Throbbing pouch. And since a few days i'm totally, wholly committed to Benefist, Kerrier District I & II.

I barely does acid, but last one i listen to confederation through and analords. I was pratically down, but when i listen to Phonatacid (I had arround 30 minutes to walk), i enter in a fashionable trance, i get upper than the uppest momment of the trip. I had the feeling that my thoughts were automatic and was de - per - son - na-lized.

I promise next time i'll grado Benefist :santa:

Guest Enter a new display name

I think I downloaded "Ataride" on brainwashed.com. I was fucking impressed. Then I lent YosepH at the library, I was impressed as well. Those events happened around 2 years ago.

John Peel used to play a lot of Wagon Christ in the late nineties. It took me a while to get into it as I was more of a guitar-head back then. I think my first Vibert purchase was probably Tally Ho!

Remixes for Radio Babylon and Ventolin caught my ears... Also, Luke was getting press in the US in the mid ninties- great reviews for Drum n Bass for Poppa and Big Soup so i bought both. Since then I've acquired nearly everything he's released.

Perkission on Musipal I think, still one of my favorite tracks. I got Tally Ho! and Musipal and really liked them both instantly, but didn't make the connection that Wagon Christ and Luke Vibert were the same person (even though there's a track called Juicy Luke Vibert, I know I'm stupid) until I head Nok Tup on Yoseph. Another track that blew me away!

I had a Wagon Christ album on my HD for about a year (after a ninja tune discovery) and didnt think anything of it. Heard the connection between Aphex & Vibert so thought should check out Viberts stuff. Heard Kerrier District, realised he was Wagon Christ and then loved him ever since, I think this was only Spring 06.

i read a magazine article about him in this one magazine called massive which is now probably debunked since i haven't seen it since those days! but i didn't get to hear him till the ventolin remixes... i like him, but i don't go all ape shit and what not whenever he releases something... i don't own most of his material... only throbing pouch, the one with bj cole, and some random studio sessions (which i like a lot)!

Archived