IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

Bet some people that shelled out over 200 quid just for that 1 Burial Track are pretty disappointed! ?

Having said that I quite like it for what it is.. and works quite nicely at the end of my little Burial Ambient playlist 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Kinda fun looking at the front page of this thread and seeing the fairly low level interest. Like only a handful of people replied within the first ten days. Nowadays you get a 30 page thread about an EP in that time.

4 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Kinda fun looking at the front page of this thread and seeing the fairly low level interest. Like only a handful of people replied within the first ten days. Nowadays you get a 30 page thread about an EP in that time.

Not true, the new EP didnt gain any traction either tbh. The consensus on WATMM seems to be the Burials best times are behind him so the interest has been diminished.

• Like 1

I guess there's just a bunch of us that already own it in some form or other from the first release, and the tunes have since been played to death and almost meme-fied. It's not an album I'm super excited to revisit, I feel done with it.

On 9/13/2024 at 1:48 PM, thumbass said:

Not true, the new EP didnt gain any traction either tbh. The consensus on WATMM seems to be the Burials best times are behind him so the interest has been diminished.

Yeah Apart from the 3 Eps released in 2012/13 Burial has never really set Watmm on fire....Those were classics. Especially Kindred for me. Also Nova/Moth. I find I can listen to those two anytime, with a lot of his later stuff I have to be in some strange, spooky headspace. Which maybe since I gave up taking drugs I don't visit that often. Or I reach for something else instead. The two albums I've never been much of a fan of tbh. I think the younger generation really connected to them though.

Edited by beerwolf

Untrue came in a very special, dark and cold time. It was just perfect in that time.. The Dubstep scene was a full circle before Skrillex and the boys teard it apart. 

He can never match that album again no matter how hard he want to try. It was a very lucky shot! 

Change genre now Mr Burial 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2024 at 1:48 PM, thumbass said:

Well, yeah, there was some exaggeration, but I just found it amusing how much of a collective shrug this album got on first release. EPs now tend to get a few pages at least, even if it's mostly just people saying he's shit these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Not even one unreleased archive track? Give us Gaslight, Feral Witchchild or Speedball2 at least!

I'm hoping for that when it will be the 20th anniversary of the actual album, in 3 years. Would be amazing to get the full album in the tracklist you hear when this was recorded:

7 hours ago, purlieu said:

EPs now tend to get a few pages at least, even if it's mostly just people saying he's shit these days. 

Yeah it's a bit like a side salad on the plate with a big tasty pork chop and chips. Sort of not very interesting at all. 

Edited by beerwolf

He's done the Soundtack for 2 films recently excited to hear them assuming (hoping) they will get a proper release in the not to distant future 

Weirdly fuck all info on the Bird one but sounds like it is defo him & even couple of clips floating about

https://thequietus.com/news/burial-soundtracks-new-harmony-korine-film-baby-invasion/

https://www.reddit.com/r/burial/s/7A87IyuLHy

Found the clips of it

https://untitled.stream/library/project/eQed6JgdhKvJnadoyDwUB

• Like 1