IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

i rarely do any form of hard drugs any more but i did a rake of mdma last night,

just z-biked in to say this album is the closest audio approximation of a warm sleeping bag on a rainy night.

tremendous.

I fucking love this album with all of my heart. Been listening to it non stop for 3 days now. Can't wait to get back to Manc so I can plug my headphones into my amp and get it in all its glory.

The first album was just too dark for me but this is perfect

i think it's been on my rather meagre mp3 player for longer than any other album ever

although i got noise-cancelling headphones for xmas. the irony is not lost on me :D

i think it's been on my rather meagre mp3 player for longer than any other album ever

Im just worried Im gonna overplay it, cant listen to Odd Nosdam - Level Live Wires or the new Radiohead album because I listened to them solidly for like 3 months. Gonna take it easy this time!

Edited by blutac

This album and his last were horrificly overrated in my opinion. Burial frustrates the shit out of me because he makes some wicked tunes, but fucks it up with shitty vocal samples for the most part. And his samey beats can get old quick, but I like how rough around the edges his music sounds.

i kind of feel the same way. I think his production skills are top tier, he has an interesting template going but he ruins it with a lot of unnecessary generic elements like R& B vocals. I personally think his music would transcend to a whole new level if he kept it instrumental and did slightly less of the 2-step beats

I used to feel like this about burial with his vocal samples. But now I like them. In songs like Broken Home, it really adds a lot to the song.

• 2 months later...

I still like the first one loads better though. But I definitely think Burial has a unique sound. I like the vocal samples, but I like how they are used sparingly more so in the first album as opposed to the second album where there were a few too many vocal samples I think.

I still like it. But the first one is also a lot darker, which caters to my specific tastes a little more.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this album, and the previous one as well. They both got this warm atmosphere going that I really like, the pops and cracks that come up now and then really add to the songs as well.

Untrue is so much better than the first record apart from the ambient bits. Those are much better on the first especially forgive.

Untrue is so much better than the first record apart from the ambient bits. Those are much better on the first especially forgive.

Agreed, Forgive is well beautiful.

• 3 years later...
Guest drukqs

I'm not even sorry for bumping this thread. Although this album is only a few years old, it's definitely on my top 5 favorite albums list. Not an easy list to make.

On top of that, I think it's his best work. His newer material doesn't do much for me. His self-titled album does even less.

Untrue is just... perfect. So much soul. Anymore music like this album in particular?

this thread was bumped, it opened on the first post, and i thought there was a new album coming this year in september. i nearly had a heart attack. fuck you, drukqs.

Guest Enter a new display name

16 year old Aphex Twin fanboy finally discovers Untrue, then bumps thread of said album.