IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

Guest goodwillsidis

I gotta say, played at regular speed, I don't really like this record.

But pitched down to -10%, holyfuckingshit, easily my favorite record of the year. Seriously, if you're not feeling UNTRUE, try it again slowed down.

Guest goodwillsidis
i really disliked the first album, that being the case, is this worth my bandwidth? any different?

way tighter imo

but remember to pitch it down, or else it sounds kind of weeny

Edited by goodwillsidis

Guest awkward
Burial, you're about an asshair away from self-parody, save your ship and stop listening to your mother!

i think djcal is right, the new thom yorke remix sounds like it was made by someone else as a ripoff of him. it's just too burial you know.

and i think hes got the right idea about not doing interviews. since reading the wire interview about him only using soundforge my opinion of him has gone down (which is odd because i have respect for beak only using soundwave) but now i only hear the sumpliciy in burials music. the magic is gone

it's a dubstep album

it is not a dubstep album.

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial_(musician)

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=21299

http://vibrationsmusic.com/2007/11/01/burial/

but search urself u'll c this is dubstep!!!!!! u're n00b in electro music! lol :angry:

i really disliked the first album, that being the case, is this worth my bandwidth? any different?

its like if he decided to try to go more pop, and start using antares autotune on sampled vocals. If thats sounds appealing to you then youll love .....#2. Easily the most over hyped record ive been aware of in the last 2-3 years. Not particularly bad, but does not live up to the love

Edited by Ghostbusters III

Guest goodwillsidis

its like if he decided to try to go more pop, and start using antares autotune on sampled vocals. If thats sounds appealing to you then youll love .....#2. Easily the most over hyped record ive been aware of in the last 2-3 years. Not particularly bad, but does not live up to the love

are you sure that's antares? Sounds a hell of a lot like Ableton pitch envelopes to me...

are you sure that's antares? Sounds a hell of a lot like Ableton pitch envelopes to me...

i hear some autotuning going on on one of the songs, doesn't have to be Antares since a lot of programs have Autotune clones now. Its definitely not just a standard granular pitch shifting going on (which is what i believe Abeltons pitch envelopes do).

it's a dubstep album

it is not a dubstep album.

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial_(musician)

i wrote most of that, noob

what i mean is it is not dubstep in the sense aphex is not techno. it sounds different

ok now i understand u! :ok:

kode9 is a producter... he has done a blog & site http://www.kode9.com/ b4 2 become producter, he has knew burial by by his blog where kode9 shared his writing about electro music... burial has send a demo cd 2 him with a letter...

i can tell u all this story but with my broken english i think it'll b difficult 2 understand me & i don't think u're interrested by this love story... :angry:

yeah kode9 said dubstep is a mutation of UK-garage & 2-step... :angry:

lol kaini, dubstep!!! lol :rolleyes:

Just got back from university for the Christmas break so got a chance to listen to this on decent headphones rather than bollocks laptop speakers or the small things I have on my ipod, it almost sounds like a different album.

And when I thought it couldn't get any better, listening to this on the coach back into London was absolutely class.

Edited by tec

This album and his last were horrificly overrated in my opinion. Burial frustrates the shit out of me because he makes some wicked tunes, but fucks it up with shitty vocal samples for the most part. And his samey beats can get old quick, but I like how rough around the edges his music sounds.

This album and his last were horrificly overrated in my opinion. Burial frustrates the shit out of me because he makes some wicked tunes, but fucks it up with shitty vocal samples for the most part. And his samey beats can get old quick, but I like how rough around the edges his music sounds.

i kind of feel the same way. I think his production skills are top tier, he has an interesting template going but he ruins it with a lot of unnecessary generic elements like R& B vocals. I personally think his music would transcend to a whole new level if he kept it instrumental and did slightly less of the 2-step beats