IGNORED

Rant about Confield

BobDobalina

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give anything to listen to Autechre especially Confield again for the first time.

And no Parhelic Triangle is not a cover of sixtyten.

Guest Enter a new display name
And no Parhelic Triangle is not a cover of sixtyten.

I was kidding. They sound really similar, that's all.

Guest Kenneth172

I think it's about time Rook reviewed another Autechre album for us on another thread. (hint hint - well you can't get any subtler than that!)

• 3 months later...
Guest moo duck

does anybody feel pen expers as an edited-to-fuck rae (first half)?

funny that both are album's third with almost the same length. probably its just dream

Way too early for quaristice. Either Draft or Chiastic Slide. I think I already did a little for Nuane and Surripere somewhere in here.

lol yea nuane is a page back

Guest Ultravisitor

all im gonna say is yum

this album is creeping up to the top (for me)

i get the strangest feeling when i listen to draft, i can hear how fantastic it is and how it should be 'the' album for me out of autechres catalogue, but i still don't quite get it. its really annoying.

Draft is my favourite of the Draft, Confield and Untilted period, all tracks on Draft seem to be a bit more melodic and make more sense to me. But I haven't listened much to Confield yet I'll admit, I like Pen Expers though.

listened to this last night. Noticed something different about Parhelic Triangle.

Man I have terrible Insomnia.

What's interesting about insomnia though is, all music sounds a lot faster than it usually does.

I wouldn't consider Untilted part of the Confield era. I think it's kind of by itself.

Can't people just listen to the music and decide whether or not they like it for themselves without another person telling them (in extremely worrying detail) why its soooo great? Why do people need to put their obsession for an album into words? Words which don't really make any fucking sense or relate to the music, words which are just their to show everyone how clever the writer is, words which are so deep and heartfelt they would make even the most hardened emo cringe with embarressment.

Pass the sick bucket :sick:

Guest acridavid
Can't people just listen to the music and decide whether or not they like it for themselves without another person telling them (in extremely worrying detail) why its soooo great? Why do people need to put their obsession for an album into words? Words which don't really make any fucking sense or relate to the music, words which are just their to show everyone how clever the writer is, words which are so deep and heartfelt they would make even the most hardened emo cringe with embarressment.

Of course they can. Still it's great to hear other people's views and opinions though. I listened to Confield yesterday again after reading Rook's great review. I loved it, Pen Expers was better than ever. This entire nature thing is not something I had really imagined before. It was definitely a different experience.

Words might not relate to the music but they DO make fucking sense. One thing I love about music, and perhaps art in general, is that it can take you further than just the thing you hear or see. Autechre might not have had this imagery (i'm quite sure not :P) with Confield but exactly that is the great thing. There's much more to an album than just the sound. Heck, I even loved the hype around the last Star Wars movie, before even seeing it.

People should form their own opinions but it's great to share them and influence one another. And in words is simply the easiest way to do that, we're on a messageboard after all.

Anyway, great review Rook. I think Confield is one of the best Autechre albums, Untilted being my personal favourite.

(first post woot)

Of course they can. Still it's great to hear other people's views and opinions though. I listened to Confield yesterday again after reading Rook's great review. I loved it, Pen Expers was better than ever. This entire nature thing is not something I had really imagined before. It was definitely a different experience.

Words might not relate to the music but they DO make fucking sense. One thing I love about music, and perhaps art in general, is that it can take you further than just the thing you hear or see. Autechre might not have had this imagery (i'm quite sure not :P) with Confield but exactly that is the great thing. There's much more to an album than just the sound. Heck, I even loved the hype around the last Star Wars movie, before even seeing it.

People should form their own opinions but it's great to share them and influence one another. And in words is simply the easiest way to do that, we're on a messageboard after all.

Anyway, great review Rook. I think Confield is one of the best Autechre albums, Untilted being my personal favourite.

(first post woot)

You, sir, are very articulate. I agree with all of that.

What I have always appreciated Autechre for, is that their work is so abstract and complex (at least the albums since 2002 or so) that it requires you to listen very intensely and 'look' for stuff you like, all this made me appreciate music in general even more.

Guest Larry David

Confield and Draft for me represent a transitional phase in Sean and Rob's lives when they consumed copious amounts of psychedelic mushrooms while creating and mastering these tracks - yet such geniuses we have in our midsts that in doing so they created some of the greatest works of art of all time.....

Parhelic Triangle is my favourite - it's so deep and full of texture it reminds me of my senses being warped by acid and my mind on the verge on the precipice of pure fear and horror yet i'm still in control...i can't thin of any other music, art or piece of film to re-create such a feeling

Yeah...confield's great godammit

• 3 weeks later...

its funny because i picture that old man as the character who is totally into all the autechre music.

Anyways i loved confield right from the start, at first i think i started listening to autechre out of curiosity and it was confield that sounded the most unique upon a quick bleep.com preview of the tracks.

Friggin amazing album, definately the most well-structured albums as a whole.

Guest Chogg
Confield and Draft for me represent a transitional phase in Sean and Rob's lives when they consumed copious amounts of psychedelic mushrooms while creating and mastering these tracks - yet such geniuses we have in our midsts that in doing so they created some of the greatest works of art of all time.....

I seriously doubt that they composed/produced/recorded while high. Ideas may have come about this way, for sure, but I really don't think anyone actually goes into the studio fucked up on acid.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived