IGNORED

two musics

chim

Overdrive Fuckbot:

The tones are really cool. Sounds like Chakan for the Sega Genesis at first. All of the parts work well together, but there's something about the melody that needs more development. The song has excellent timing, though. It never gets dull and boring. The beat keeps everything tight without getting too fancy, which is good because the melody and harmony parts are so dense.

It's a good'n.

cock weekedndned 02:

No offense, but it would do you well to get away from the fruity presets. This one sounds like an extension of the last, but it's not as interesting. Doesn't have as many of those "random" effects coming in. It's alright as is, but I would develope it more if I were you.

I listened to overdrive f***bot. Nice tune that changes well, especially liked the last 30-40 seconds or so. The main melody at the start is good, but i think the sound of the instrument you used for it needs a little development, something a little more organic perhaps? Nice track though!

Ewan

Very nice melodies as mentioned before!

But as William said you should try avoiding the FL presets because they're pretty recognizable plus they get a bit a bit boring. Try fucking around with knobs and use some other drum hits and you'll end up with something very cool... all they need is that extra touch of yourself instead of the touch of FL... ok?

Thanks for the comments, really really appreciate it. :)

Eh.. what? I have never used Fruity loops, I don't get what you mean.

It's all made in reason 3.0 from scratch with the malstrom and subtractor mainly. Beats are part of some 909 samplekits and wav's I've downloaded.

the cock wee-whatever one was abit of a quick experiment, pretty rushed and I don't like it much personally.

The idea of "fuckbot" was to try and have a raw mechanical-ish feel, hence the name. I didn't know I sounded that close to FL beginner presets, but I know I need to personalize my sounds abit. :P

Could you elaborate on the fruity loop presets thing, maybe provide me a sound or so, so I'll know what to stay away from?

I love improvisating and playing around with the track abit, I'm glad you appreciate the changes I did for, I wasn't quite sure whether it would be too sudden and unexpected (in a bad sense), but I'm so sick of everlooping stuff.

Here's a work in progress track, would like to hear what you think of it. Try not to mind the way too heavy low bass, I'm fixing that for an eventual finished version.

Archived