IGNORED

Things that are IDM as Fuck

Guest analogue wings

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tacoma narrows bridge collapse (due to aerostatic flutter)

probable jazz, but it's 16mm video of a bridge warping like a scarf in the wind.

bill nye used that footage on his show all the time

speaking of IDM as Fuck: Bill-nye.jpgBILL "THE SCIENCE GUY" NYE

bill-nye1.jpg

probable jazz, but it's 16mm video of a bridge warping like a scarf in the wind.

bill-nye1.jpg

jazzed by bill nye! this is a special category of jazz. now i feel kind of honored.

I don't know about the old series but I thought The Tomorrow People (the 90's version) was pretty IDM. It has like psychic powers and paranormal shite and it has this ginger expert computor hacker kid. That and it's from UK and it syncs up almost exactly with when RDJ was putting out all his early stuff SAW I+II Polygon Window etc. it just totally feels like if Aphex Twin made a TV show to me. Or something he would've done the soundtrack to. There's more to it than just that but it's hard to describe. I guess some episodes have this pastoral feel combined with spooky paranormal stuff and that's how I imagine most of his music

pastoral combined with psychic/weird shit combined with hip/nerdy british youth combined with outdated special effects combined with dodgy film quality which somehow works in its favor

Guest Apeofnaples

It was a gift so I have no idea how much it was, and it does fuck all besides tell the time and look fucking deadly on my wrist as I reach for another Jameson.

Guest ezkerraldean

I don't know about the old series but I thought The Tomorrow People (the 90's version) was pretty IDM. It has like psychic powers and paranormal shite and it has this ginger expert computor hacker kid. That and it's from UK and it syncs up almost exactly with when RDJ was putting out all his early stuff SAW I+II Polygon Window etc. it just totally feels like if Aphex Twin made a TV show to me. Or something he would've done the soundtrack to. There's more to it than just that but it's hard to describe. I guess some episodes have this pastoral feel combined with spooky paranormal stuff and that's how I imagine most of his music

fuck i remember that!

bill-nye1.jpg

jazzed by bill nye! this is a special category of jazz. now i feel kind of honored.

my science teacher in grade 10 ran into bill nye on a bikeathon thing in seattle washington. i can only imagine the awesomeness of it all ( my teacher was a really fun guy and bill nye is great

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived