IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, considering I have slept from 8:30-9:00PM yesterday until around noon today, I can't say it was from lack of sleep - I think it was yesterday's lunch that did me in - that would have started affecting me around the time I became ill after dinner. What's worse is I haven't thrown up, so whatever is ailing me (if it still is) hasn't left my system...

Here's a screenshot of the design - mind you bits are subject to change (and obviously the filler text is just that - filler).

remix.watmm.png

ive requested to attempt to neaten it up a bit more - it looks more salsa bar than electronic music to me...

(would also be good for some portfolio work!)

Just what is the closing date now?

Closing date will be January 15th (with the holidays and such, I think the extra time will be needed). I got ill again last night and had to stop work, but I'm OK today, so should be able to make a proper go of it tonight. Future contests will be monthly as discussed before.

• 2 weeks later...

so how are people doing on this? I'm getting close to done. that awesome synth from the lost bbc studio version of this song has totally been my secret weapon. good stuff. I'm also throwing in samples from feist - my moon my man and smash mouth - walkin on the sun. you know because of the titles.

so how are people doing on this? I'm getting close to done. that awesome synth from the lost bbc studio version of this song has totally been my secret weapon. good stuff. I'm also throwing in samples from feist - my moon my man and smash mouth - walkin on the sun. you know because of the titles.

awesome. i want to hear this!

Guest blicero

i was thinking last night that it might be interesting instead of restricting it to 1 source song, restrict it to an album, and let the remixers pick which track they want to do from the album...

nah ... go wit a specific track... I've been working on this, tenatively titled "b-boy limpin on da moon", alas my track title is better than my track by leaps and bounds... per usual.

Archived