IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

Guest blicero

yeah, we could remix Nude but not upload it.

boycott the radiohead contest, just mangle the parts for our own enjoyment.

it would be hilarious if all the best Nude remixes were hosted on a site not associated with the contest.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't do it for their contest.

do it for a watmm contest

there's still a shitload of people doing it. if watmm had their own little black album remix thing when that was all the rage, I would avoid that too. even if it was just for fun and to make up for an idea that never really got off the ground.

don't do it for their contest.

do it for a watmm contest

there's still a shitload of people doing it. if watmm had their own little black album remix thing when that was all the rage, I would avoid that too. even if it was just for fun and to make up for an idea that never really got off the ground.

wow you're so "coo"l and "alternative"

that's the exact reason so very little can ever seem to get off the ground here.

stop being so bitter and too cool for school

there can't be that big of a shitload of people doing it

the watmm "community" isn't that big and no one new can join...

and it just makes it an actual contest and not just a circle jerk amongst the "cool kids".

again.

I don't give a rat's ass about what is on radioheadremix.com

and likely not too many others here do either.

what i do care about is what watmm's brilliant cadre of producers/remixers/ekters would do with it

and post it here for our own interest/enjoyment and nothing else

it's about taking a known source, with the elements being available to everyone here,

and wreaking havoc on it

making tracks a fuckload better than the original or any of the ones in the contest,

knowing it, and having them all to ourselves to rate and discuss and enjoy.

and again, it doesn't necessarily have to be the radiohead track...

that is just something current, and easy to grab and work with

some band called foal has put up the elements of their tracks up on last fm

nin released all the elements from an albums worth of songs or more...

jamie lidell put his vocal up

everyone should just come to a concesus on picking one, and tear it up

a la mu-ziq's remix of a rather boring auteurs album

or global communications retake on a fairly average and uninspiring chapterhouse album

completely unrecognizable from the originals, just taking certain riffs, beats, whatnot and making new,

Groundbreaking, original, classic stuff from it.

don't even take a whole song's worth of stuff just the bass line of "nude" or the high hat from "survivalism"

or whatever.

also that's why it's a "challenge"

take a song you aren't inspired by and make it new and exciting

see who can make the best track using only this keyboard riff or that sound effect as the same part in everyone's versions

here's mine that I did the week of announcing the competition. the vocal bits still need a lot of work. no need in giving birth to a dead baby i suppose

Mooning on the Walk

Guest analogue wings
meh

Nice!

My one tries to defile the meter of the main bass bit as well. I may have to finish it now as some sort of protest against RadioHead's existence.

• 4 weeks later...
here's mine that I did the week of announcing the competition. the vocal bits still need a lot of work. no need in giving birth to a dead baby i suppose

Mooning on the Walk

lol I guess I might as well post my walkin on the moon track, I forgot about this thread.

walkin_on_the_moon.mp3

awesome

• 1 month later...
Guest Super lurker ultra V12
BTW there is no chance in hell that the Metropolis project is going to finish, just an fyi

do you use black magic to see the future so clearly?

mooning of the walk is cool. who says we need a special site to have remix projects? all we need is a song chosen, some dead lines etc. some judges

mooning of the walk is cool. who says we need a special site to have remix projects? all we need is a song chosen, some dead lines etc. some judges

Things that were said 14 pages ago. People were all like "hey stop hatin' TFTT", but I guess I'm the only one with enough clarity of focus to understand how things will go when people try too much.

Things that were said 14 pages ago. People were all like "hey stop hatin' TFTT", but I guess I'm the only one with enough clarity of focus to understand how things will go when people try too much.

i tried to start a remix contest here when you were saying those things and it ended in failure

• 5 weeks later...

Archived