IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

Yes, on the site we will provide a 1 minute sample of the song in question, with information and what label it appears on - it will be up to the remixer to get the song themselves by whatever means they deem fit.

Regardless of whether remixes are done from individual tracks of a song or a mastered track, for this contest it will most likely be a mastered track - and that's all that matters.

Any suggestions on what the first song should be? I've got loads of ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys had in mind.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, remember when chris ochre contacted justin timeberlake and he was all like "fuck yeah i want U to remx my trax!!1" and then he made this with the master tapes:
http://ochremusic.com/mp3s/Ochre_-_Like_I_Love_You_rmx.mp3

yeah, me neither.

the samplepack argument is basically moot since we're not gonna be able to get any sample packs that we want anyway, or at least not many. besides, that makes it too easy IMO. look at the grey album, you can do a lot with finished mixes if you're creative.

my personal preference is to remix full tracks, and preferably non electronic.

Ah yah man you're so right I totally forgot how some lame stupid cut ups and time stretches to a Justin Timberlake song represents the whole of remix history.

Guest blicero
Ah yah man you're so right I totally forgot how some lame stupid cut ups and time stretches to a Justin Timberlake song represents the whole of remix history.

i wasn't saying that it does. if you want to debate the historical definition and process of remix culture, go create a thread, and have fun. saying that remixes are traditionally done by soliciting master tapes from artists and labels is not constructive here because THAT SHIT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

so can we put this behind us and discuss things that our actually relevant to the WATMM remix competition?

Guest blicero
Yeah, this whole discussion is actually quite stupid.

A relevant question: How long will we have to finish the track? Are we talking 7 days? 14 days? A month?

just a guess... ;)

Yeah, this whole discussion is actually quite stupid.

A relevant question: How long will we have to finish the track? Are we talking 7 days? 14 days? A month?

just a guess... ;)

Holy crap, I'm slow. Please forgive me, I've only had one cup of coffee today.

Guest blicero
Any suggestions on what the first song should be? I've got loads of ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys had in mind.

Well there's nothing left to talk about until we get a track to mix so we might as well talk about ass goblins and fairies since nobody in charge of anything wants to talk about tracks until the site is up.

huh?

We should definitely try to think of a good song to start with. I think it should be something pretty dynamic but also well-known.

See? So far we have "Alberto Balsam" "Something Not Electronic" "Definately something electronic" "A sing along public domain hee-haw song" "Something off of Analord" and "Phil Collins". There is no hope of any consensus of any kind, if we want to get something going the best you can do is write down all answers and pick one at random and say go. The important part is saying go, without that, there is no go.

Archived