7\

Guest Mr Salads

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Derek Wildstar
I feel like such an IDIOT

It only took me about 14 years to realize how aphex made his logo

what!? am i on drukqs (heh, see what i did there?). Its a perverted capital typeset A. not a fucking 7 slash you cunts. fucking internet generation cunts.

ccccccuuuuuuuunnnnnnntntsssssss (timestretch)

awesome.

aphex didn't make his logo

It's by prototype 21 isn't it? Simon Parkes?

Anyway it's an 'A' with a 'p' on it's right leg and an 'h' rotated acting as the line off the top.

You could try and take it further and read an 'E' and an 'X' from it, but I think that might be stretching it a bit too far.

Relates to where the Aphex name came from mentioned in the back of an old Future Music issue.

'A' is for Acid

'ph' is for the level (ph level being a measure of acidity)

'ex' is because it sounded good.

aphex didn't make his logo

Anyway it's an 'A' with a 'p' on it's right leg and an 'h' rotated acting as the line off the top.

You could try and take it further and read an 'E' and an 'X' from it, but I think that might be stretching it a bit too far.

I think you're stretching it a bit far already. A 'p' and an 'h'? That logo is just an 'a'.

Guest joshier

I actually know the person who done this and how he made it. I also actually know what software he used, what plugins and what methods.

one word.

Buzz

bunch of noobs. The logo was made by a graphic design friend of rich's

Its just a font. Its the letter A

Aphex got his name from a company that makes the aphex aural exciter.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Salads

I bet this is what happened. Aphex was typing on his computer. He typed 7\ and then called his graphic design friend and said, make me a logo that looks like that. Done.

bunch of noobs. The logo was made by a graphic design friend of rich's.

It was Paul Nicholson, wasn't it? I think he also used to dance onstage at early Aphex shows. He now runs the clothing company Terratag.

bunch of noobs. The logo was made by a graphic design friend of rich's.

It was Paul Nicholson, wasn't it? I think he also used to dance onstage at early Aphex shows. He now runs the clothing company Terratag.

yes, he can be seen dancing in Aphex Twin - 1993-XX-XX - Ireland-Dublin.avi in downloads section

Paul's website is:

Prototype 21 T-shirts P21 Terratag Hospital Radio Subsurface Kraftshop

Archived