IGNORED

Free Audio Software for Windows/MacOS

mosca

Sundevstudio Voice Of Snow

I've had this installed for ages and never actually tired it before today.

Turns out it's really useful on individual tracks.  Manages to make things sound much brighter and yet less harsh at the same time, which is not an easy task.

This sounds great!

I've been really enjoying Riviera, too. It's calculating impulse responses on the fly, so parameter changes take a second or two to actually kick in, but you can get some really bizarre sounding spaces out of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A mate at work pointed me in the direction of this widening tool the other day, which I found interesting as it also retains 100% mono compatability and will stay in phase.  I've played with it a bit so far on a few stem busses.  Pretty impressive amount of width.  It could do with a volume knob integrated as it adds a considerable amount of gain to the whole thing, but considering it's free it's a nifty little tool.

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah absolutely great varied selection of instrument goodies from them (seemingly to be released about once a month for the rest of time!). Their paid-for Kontakt instruments are fantastic too...

• 1 month later...

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=242

Sounds good for a free VST, nothing close to the original SSSR synth, but it's good for weird sounds. Has an old school feel to the way the VCF works. I tried it on FL11 but it uses a lot of CPU power so I ended up uninstalling it and using miniV for the same sounds.

polyvoks2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

http://www.airwindows.com/pocketverbs-vst/

Deserves special mention among the Airwindows plugins because there is no such thing as too many reverbs and these are some pretty distinctive reverbs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just saw a video of Jamie lidell using the sound toys altar boy plug in (real-time vocal tuning and formant shifting), one of the better production videos I’ve seen. Worth checking out. He does a trick similar to one I have done but I’ve never had super cool plugins like that  

Anyway it got me back on a plug in train and I downloaded the sound toys samples. Pretty great, altar boy is my favorite, but I’ve kind of come full circle to the point of doubting the worth of paid plugins, just not something I want to get hooked on purchasing.

but, asking here, are there any plug ins that are 100% worth buying?

or should I just keep using 90% free stuff... 

• Joyrex changed the title to Free Audio Software for Windows/MacOS

It's kind of cheating to call it a plugin, but if I could use one paid plugin it would be Reaktor (bought during their annual half off sale of course). There are plenty of really good free plugins out there, and whatever you can't do with them you could probably do with Reaktor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if you have max for live amazing noises is giving away Pulsor and Pulsor 2. fun weird synths that are unique in what they do. can probably use them in max also since max supports drag and drop of M4L devices into a patch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Neutron is an EQ/Compressor type plug that I'm already very impressed with.  Further down in this thread is the suggestion to purchase Iris 2 for $10, and get RX7 for free, so I went ahead and did that too.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 10:31 AM, ignatius said:

at eventideaudio.com.. Pendulate.. free promo synth from new fangled audio.. refreshingly different and sounds really amazing. 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pendulate

The design looks interesting but it's sounds too muddy and lofi for me. I wonder if they'll improve it in the future.