IGNORED

Free Audio Software for Windows/MacOS

mosca

Guest RadarJammer

Hexter (backup archive) a DX7 clone which is fairly accurate and loads DX7 sysex. It comes with the DX7 factory banks. win.

Development was stopped or the plugin was pulled from the net because of some vague legal technicality that I don't get at all. Here is the original site where it came from.

Alright here is an awesome collection of DX7 sysex banks http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~mth192/html/dx7.html#patches

I suggest starting with the deckard collection, there is some great FM perc's in there.

Dope - BTW, anyone having any luck with the Buffer Synth? Had a difficult time sussing out how exactly to use this - loading a wav and trying to get it to "play" in synth mode had some unexpected effects (not all bad, but not what I was expecting). Have a feeling it could be super useful, but I'm probably doing it wrong.

Guest RadarJammer
Multi Modulator Multibreakpoint envelope or LFO that can modulate panorama/amplitude/filter and most interestingly midi CC. It always surprises me how many gem's are obscurely buried by developers in random one-off forum threads.

TX16Wx Software Sampler

win 32/64

This thing looks tasty. I was wondering whether this was cool. The ability to record in-plugin is really intriguing to me - can that be automated?

I saw this a while back and was in a no-computer music making mode so I filed it away. Now I'm ready to dust off Renoise again (and maybe even renew my license!) so I think I'll give this a whirl...

Guest RadarJammer

TX16Wx Software Sampler

win 32/64

This thing looks tasty. I was wondering whether this was cool. The ability to record in-plugin is really intriguing to me - can that be automated?

I saw this a while back and was in a no-computer music making mode so I filed it away. Now I'm ready to dust off Renoise again (and maybe even renew my license!) so I think I'll give this a whirl...

Read the quick start guide and manual thought, this thing isn't simple. I'm waiting for version 2 with hopefully a drag and drop samples to keyzones mode, before I give it another try.

Guest RadarJammer

fm time

VOPM is uhhhhhh http://www.gorenfeld.net/lou/VOPM.pdf and here is a bunch of FM patches ripped from Sega Genesis games that can somehow load into this. WEIRD. Sometimes I am tempted to keep this random shit secret. win/source.

Here is the FB1 by True-Grue, an ultra obscure and vanished from the web 8 op FM vst with no GUI and no documentation (by some Russian guy). The only download I could find was from the unreliable web.archive so I tossed it up on mediafire. win.

mda synths dx10 is ultra lightweight no gui fm thingy. win/mac.

Guest RadarJammer

VOPM is uhhhhhh http://www.gorenfeld.net/lou/VOPM.pdf and here is a bunch of FM patches ripped from Sega Genesis games that can somehow load into this. WEIRD. Sometimes I am tempted to keep this random shit secret. win/source.

Alright guys! I had some time to test this thing and It is criminally awesome. Browsing through the video game banks is so fun. The plugin GUI is fucked however (in AudioMulch atleast) it didn't update the control positions with patch changes and I couldn't make patch changing work from the GUI so I used an external program change which worked perfectly. This plugin feels like it's on the verge of not working at all but so far so good. Running these patches through Valhalla Room is super blissful. I think this is the find of the year for me.

Guest RadarJammer

Here

is the FB1 by True-Grue, an ultra obscure and vanished from the web 8 op FM vst with no GUI and no documentation (by some Russian guy). The only download I could find was from the unreliable web.archive so I tossed it up on mediafire. win.

It looks like I found the homepage for the guy who made FB1 http://sovietov.com/app/index.html there still is no information though.

Guest RadarJammer

Magical 8bit Plug this thing sounds great, simple and slick chip synth. no GUI. win/mac.

It is nice to build up a collection of the highest quality no-GUI plugs, it feels pretty solid to have a complex project with no superfluous graphics quietly and subconsciously confusing and influencing the situation. I only wish more developers would release this way as a standard along with the optional GUI versions.