IGNORED

Free Audio Software for Windows/MacOS

mosca

hmm looks interesting, i wonder if this is supposed to be an homage/recreation of the roland V-synth elastic audio engine. If it is count me in.

Alright it's 5:11am time to watch the tutorial videos.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Simple but quality frequency shifter delay by ValhallaDSP: http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho

Mac/PC VST/AU/RTAS. Think it's 32/64 bit I've been using in 32-bit.

Can't stretch the frequency too far without it sounding unnatural but don't think natural sounding stuff is what it's intended for.

Btw I also agree who whoever mentioned in this thread that single/a few recommendations with descriptions are better than linking to whole lists/compilations, even if they are all good. Hopefully this will take a little bit of the legwork out of things.

On that note, can anyone recommend a decent VST phaser for Mac?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On that note, can anyone recommend a decent VST phaser for Mac?

Try MeldaProduction's - http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MMultiBandPhaser

they also have a great freeware pack full of essential plugs.

seconded, the free pack is awesome. The Reaplugs pack (free) is very good as well (it's the set of native Reaper vsts as standalone, for basic stuff some of them are great. a third recommendation : it's not a pack but you can dl all the Variety of Sound plugs for free and they're awesome.

yeah it's an interesting concept. IF someone managed to reverse engineer that and actually get the real OS booted up on an emulated system that gives me some hope people might try to turn stuff like the Kawaik5000 or Yamaha fs1r into a VST

i guess the main challenge with those is that even though theyve been around for a while they are somewhat black boxed. The FS1R probably wouldn't be too hard though, at least in terms of figuring out the architecture

Probably very naive for me to say but as they're purely digital (erm I think!) I can't see it be any different than the software emulation of computers /consoles

Well there's more that goes into the sound than just the 1's and 0's. For instance my (digital) sp-303 sampler is revered in some circles for the character of its converters. The data also gets compressed.

Aye agreed though I expect the converters (though I could be wrong) would therefore be Analogue2Digital or D2A and it's the analogue section giving them the character. Same with something like the SID chip - It has digital control ports but the output ports are analogue giving them the much sought after sound. The compression I expect is just PCM sample rate reduction