Sign in to follow this  
mosca

mosca's free plugins list

beyerdynamic Virtual Studio

The plug-in virtually simulates real speaker systems (such as stereo or 5.1) in various environments (recording studio, concert halls, etc.) on your headphones.

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/virtual-studio.html

Does it simulate wearing headphones over your hoodie in a concrete environment?

Flux stereo tool is a neat stereo visualizer and mixer:

http://www.fluxhome.com/products/freewares/stereotool

Flux bittersweet, as I understand it, is a compressor/expander that, instead of a left/right mix, has a center/sides mix. Quite interesting.

^^^

Good find

hmm looks interesting, i wonder if this is supposed to be an homage/recreation of the roland V-synth elastic audio engine. If it is count me in.

Alright it's 5:11am time to watch the tutorial videos.

Simple but quality frequency shifter delay by ValhallaDSP: http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho

Mac/PC VST/AU/RTAS. Think it's 32/64 bit I've been using in 32-bit.

Can't stretch the frequency too far without it sounding unnatural but don't think natural sounding stuff is what it's intended for.

Btw I also agree who whoever mentioned in this thread that single/a few recommendations with descriptions are better than linking to whole lists/compilations, even if they are all good. Hopefully this will take a little bit of the legwork out of things.

On that note, can anyone recommend a decent VST phaser for Mac?

Cheers

Cheers mate.

That one looks awesome. Gonna give the freeware pack a little run as they look pretty full featured. Nice one :)

NI is giving away a free compressor or something like that. Pretty kewl.

its because it includes the RTASS and AXX versions or whatever, but disable those and you have a beautiful 88mb vst :P

On that note, can anyone recommend a decent VST phaser for Mac?

Try MeldaProduction's - http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MMultiBandPhaser

they also have a great freeware pack full of essential plugs.

seconded, the free pack is awesome. The Reaplugs pack (free) is very good as well (it's the set of native Reaper vsts as standalone, for basic stuff some of them are great. a third recommendation : it's not a pack but you can dl all the Variety of Sound plugs for free and they're awesome.

Free VSTi cycle accurate emulator of the TX16W sampler - http://soniccharge.com/cyclone

I'm not sure what the point is of emulating a sampler on a 'puter (maybe someone can explain to me) but this looks like a bloody good one if that's what you're looking for

yeah it's an interesting concept. IF someone managed to reverse engineer that and actually get the real OS booted up on an emulated system that gives me some hope people might try to turn stuff like the Kawaik5000 or Yamaha fs1r into a VST

Probably very naive for me to say but as they're purely digital (erm I think!) I can't see it be any different than the software emulation of computers /consoles

i guess the main challenge with those is that even though theyve been around for a while they are somewhat black boxed. The FS1R probably wouldn't be too hard though, at least in terms of figuring out the architecture

Probably very naive for me to say but as they're purely digital (erm I think!) I can't see it be any different than the software emulation of computers /consoles

Well there's more that goes into the sound than just the 1's and 0's. For instance my (digital) sp-303 sampler is revered in some circles for the character of its converters. The data also gets compressed.

Aye agreed though I expect the converters (though I could be wrong) would therefore be Analogue2Digital or D2A and it's the analogue section giving them the character. Same with something like the SID chip - It has digital control ports but the output ports are analogue giving them the much sought after sound. The compression I expect is just PCM sample rate reduction