IGNORED

My renoise compo entry

foresense

listened to it a few times now... i really like the mood of the track..!

the 'fragile' percussion combined with the 'light' synths reminded me of snares' huge chrome cylinder box unfolding a bit, which is a very good thing, hehe.. the last minute sounds kinda sparse.. maybe add a dubby, ultralow bassline if possible?

pretty crisp sound quality too.. not top-notch i admit but clear and spacious with pretty reverbs!

nette track hoor! :grin:

oohh.. i just realised that this track has a winter 'theme' hehe... yeah i can hear that! it sounds cold indeed.. spacious and icey..

vette shit :laughing:

Yeah, this is cool. It progresses very nicely. Doesn't get boring, and has a nice soundscape. All of the sounds compliment each other very well. The end is kind of abrupt though. Everything cools down, but it doesn't seem like it slows down enough to end.

Still a cool track, though =)

OMG that was shit!! Never heard anyting so boring before! Ha ha joking.

No man I dug that quite a bit. Grabbed my interest from the start. Nice gooey melodies and quirky take on drumnbass. Really liked the feel of this tune. Mix between Ochre and Christ. Well maybe not Christ but it kinda gave me the same buzz as listening to the first Christ CD. Good stuff. Gonna listen a 2nd time. :cool:

Mmm didn't get the chance to hear it the whole way through first time but now I have I can say that some of those 'off' notes here and there didn't work for me. Also not too keen on the slowee down bit at the end. I felt you should have kept the tempo and maybe add a bit more to it. Overall the first 3/4 was very nice. I think you should scrub out any 'off' notes in future unless a track is purposefully off key. Oh beats were sweet and complimented your melodies finely.

Hey Promo, I'm trying to go for something of a surreal effect with those off key notes. I'm pretty much in the dark with that sort of stuff, so I'm just going to keep on trying until I get it right.

That bit at 1:25 wasn't so bad, eh? I thought that sounded pretty cool, if I say so myself :fear:

The ending was pretty tame in comparison, I agree. But I was completely confused and lost by that point. I'll get to it again soon, but I'm satisfied with how it is now.

Thanks guys!

Guest test pattern

i really like all the sounds you got going....although i thought the heavy kick n snare sounded a little out of place....maybe theyre just to up front in the mix....still really cool composition....

hey forlon, nice track, i really like it, feels wintery. :)

i also entered so im definatly gonna beat you.... ( ehhm..)

is this a 'clean' renoise render?

or did you do some outside mastering magic for this mp3?

goed gedaan joh! ;)

wist niet dat je ook medelander bent!

gegroet!

carry on,

mlon

thanks dude, I have no pretention of winning that competition with this thing, it's literaly half baked. I'll give it a good work over when I get to use some plugins! :laughing:

I didn't do any extra outside mastering though, so that's a plus.

oh, boel nederlanders hier ja! danku danku!

Archived