IGNORED

What is his annual salary?

Guest Mr Salads

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Caustic
I've only seen people refer to this kid in posts here. What is the source of this info?

there is no source.

it's a looped information snowball.

sigh...

guys, no one knows what he makes with the exception of his business manager(s)/accountant(s). he probably only has a general idea himself. even if you knew the album sales figures I can guarantee that whatever points he gets from those make up a VERY small portion of his revenue. promotion residuals? investment returns? remix/live show/etc fees? don't even bother guessing.

Guest Helper ET

AFX is secretly Autechre, he hires Rob Brown and Sean Booth to play along. That's why it sounds so good.

AFX is also Squarepusher, Tom plays the bass over Richard's electronic tracks. That's why it's called Squarepusher, because Tom pushes Richard's "square" and rocks out to it.

Guest Kenneth172

Caustic, you've done a lot of this comic strip art type stuff (obviously too much time on yer hands), you should bung em all on a web page mate for us to look at em all! :-)

Guest Caustic
Caustic, you've done a lot of this comic strip art type stuff (obviously too much time on yer hands), you should bung em all on a web page mate for us to look at em all! :-)

You should see the shit i make in MS Paint.

i doubt caustic has them all still though

71qpimw.jpg

pwn.

I think how much he makes is not private because he's a public figure. I know how much my president makes, how much my favorite sports players make, how much CEO's make, etc etc, so I can see some grounds for wanting to know.

How is he a public figure? Because he performs in public? What if you, in your line of employment (say if you were a city sanitation worker), performed your duties "in public", wouldn't that therefore make you also a "public figure" and your salary should be common knowledge or disclosed?

You should see the shit i make in MS Paint.

i doubt caustic has them all still though

71qpimw.jpg

pwn.

Windowblinds is ghey.

I think how much he makes is not private because he's a public figure. I know how much my president makes, how much my favorite sports players make, how much CEO's make, etc etc, so I can see some grounds for wanting to know.

How is he a public figure? Because he performs in public? What if you, in your line of employment (say if you were a city sanitation worker), performed your duties "in public", wouldn't that therefore make you also a "public figure" and your salary should be common knowledge or disclosed?

Not because he performs in public, but because he's a figure of public notoriety. Like any other star or famous person. If I were famous enough that millions of people clamored to hear my music then yes, I can understand them wanting to know how much money I make, the same way they'd want to know what my dick size, eating habits, fingernail dirt percentage and a million other things are. It's just the price of fame.

Not because he performs in public, but because he's a figure of public notoriety. Like any other star or famous person.

Just because he is famous doesn't mean everyone is entitled to know all there is to know about him. He has rights, he is human (even if his music comes from out of this world)

If I were famous enough that millions of people clamored to hear my music then yes, I can understand them wanting to know how much money I make, the same way they'd want to know what my dick size, eating habits, fingernail dirt percentage and a million other things are. It's just the price of fame.

I like to read up on RDJ and other artist's lives as well, but never have I wanted to know, or even cared to know any of the things mentioned above about any of the artists I listen to. Who gives a shit about such trivial matters?

oh, for the record:

• Tuss size: Cock/Ver10
  • Eating Habits: Vegetarian (so I read)
  • Fingernail Dirt %: 0.0 (RDJ isn't human, remember this, that's another reason to know EVERYTHING about him. Specimens such as this need to be kept under a microscope...)
What are the other million things? I know, some people want this ridiculous information, but that doesn't mean everything needs to be posted publicly.

But if it's gleaned by someone and then posted then that's just the price of fame. If you don't want people trying to pry into your personal life then don't become famous, stay at an office job or something. I'm not saying that I'm going to go snoop into their living room myself and stuff but I would certainly expect others to do so were I famous.

Guest Helper ET
If you don't want people trying to pry into your personal life then don't become famous, stay at an office job or something

oh please

I like to read up on RDJ and other artist's lives as well, but never have I wanted to know, or even cared to know any of the things mentioned above about any of the artists I listen to. Who gives a shit about such trivial matters?

oh, for the record:

* Tuss size: Cock/Ver10

* Eating Habits: Vegetarian (so I read)

* Fingernail Dirt %: 0.0 (RDJ isn't human, remember this, that's another reason to know EVERYTHING about him. Specimens such as this need to be kept under a microscope...)

What are the other million things? I know, some people want this ridiculous information, but that doesn't mean everything needs to be posted publicly.

sometimes i have fun discussing personal RDJ information. Then I imagine myself doing the same thing at a Justin Timberlake message board, and then I have trouble telling the difference between the two. Are we just as lame as all the boy band fan boys? Are we any better just because the music is actually good? Is that grounds for constant discussion of one man? I think I need to sit down and seriously think about this.

yeah I remember the one where I said "why don't someone call up the reception desk at rephlex and ask who the tuss is", then Caustic ended up doing a brilliant comic strip of the whole situation if someone was to do it..

bung it all in a zip/rar and upload

But if it's gleaned by someone and then posted then that's just the price of fame. If you don't want people trying to pry into your personal life then don't become famous, stay at an office job or something. I'm not saying that I'm going to go snoop into their living room myself and stuff but I would certainly expect others to do so were I famous.

If Richard was forced to become a "public figure" if he releases music, I have a strong feeling that he wouldn't release anything, and that wouldn't really benefit anyone, would it? It benefits everyone if we separate the music from the every-day person.

"Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything." - Bob Dylan (according to wikiquote.org at least)

Guest Quixote

But I can run google on the average salary for any given 'normal' profession and get an idea. Apparently in NYC the Salary for a Sanitation worker is between $30,000 and $67,000 per year. Run this on almost any given profession and you'll find this range. It's a lot harder to guess with someone whose profession can range so much (ie the difference between the guy selling a million records and the guy who tours in his van and sells 2000 vinyls).

Guest Derek Wildstar

If Richard was forced to become a "public figure" if he releases music, I have a strong feeling that he wouldn't release anything, and that wouldn't really benefit anyone, would it? It benefits everyone if we separate the music from the every-day person.

"Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything." - Bob Dylan (according to wikiquote.org at least)

Fucking well said mate. Well said. This subforum is going to shit lately.

Archived