IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

as strange as it may seem, I found something from Quaristice,  in tt1pd. The sounds are very different, but that hihat  (from 09:55 onwards) stopping and starting, reminds me of the ending of Chenz9-x (quaristice versions) at 7:06.

In the case of chenz9-x the hi-hat games are more syncopated and exasperated, but overall I notice that same seductive will. Of course, not like quaristice, the seduction proposed by tt1pd alludes to a sexuality to be consumed on the last day of humanity.

Edited by AE35unit

Hafler Trio: A Small Child Dreams of Voiding the Plague, Seven Hours Sleep, A Thirsty Fish, Kill the King, Mastery of Money, An Utterance of the Supreme Ventriloquist, Intoutof.

Merzbow: Ecobondage, Batztoutai with memorial gadgets, Noisembryo, Pulsedemon, 24hrs a day of seals, tauromachine, merzbeat, Dharma.

Organum: Submission, Veil of Tears, Sphyx, Bird's Wings Were Glued to Their Bodies and their Feet Were Froze to the Ground.

For starters ofc

Obligatory.

Hafler Trio: A Small Child Dreams of Voiding the Plague, Seven Hours Sleep, A Thirsty Fish, Kill the King, Mastery of Money, An Utterance of the Supreme Ventriloquist, Intoutof.

Merzbow: Ecobondage, Batztoutai with memorial gadgets, Noisembryo, Pulsedemon, 24hrs a day of seals, tauromachine, merzbeat, Dharma.

Organum: Submission, Veil of Tears, Sphyx, Bird's Wings Were Glued to Their Bodies and their Feet Were Froze to the Ground.

For starters ofc

Obligatory.

tenor.gif?itemid=10746140

• 1 month later...

^i watched that last night and actually thought about IO...is the riff straight from it? I tried to listen when they were playing it but didn't catch it in there.

^i watched that last night and actually thought about IO...is the riff straight from it? I tried to listen when they were playing it but didn't catch it in there.

I think there's some slight differences but it's basically the same idea.

I like what the narrator says about how it feels like it was made by a human hand but it's just created by a simple rule.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Took Quaristice for a moonlight walk with my new headphones this evening and heard it in a way I never had before.

Took a longer route home than necessary just so I could keep listening, walking downhill on a country lane with trees silhouetted in moonlight with Paralel Suns playing blew me away. Just incredible.

So much stuff I never noticed before in the music and the way the atmosphere of the album works. That whole thing Sean talked about in the AAA (I think) about the album being like a dream with different doors leading to different worlds made total sense. Also a real Lynchy vibe came through.

This is something no other artists give me, that sense that this is something you have to live with and you can't force it, but in a certain situation the music will come alive in ways you never expected long after you think you have completely assimilated it. There is so much more in this album than I had ever given it credit for previously.

I kept the headphones on when I got home and stayed in its atmosphere, then drove to a mates still listening and bathing in its purple glow.

I'm waiting for a similar moment with Oversteps, it's probably the one autechre album that has never completely clicked for me. That said I thought I had clicked with Quaristice ages back, but I guess not.

Edited by EXTRASUPER81
  • Like 3