IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest November

I'm just going to chip in here and say this is one of their best releases. It didn't have an amazing standout track like Sublimit from Untilted, which I consider along with Pen Expers and Nuane as being some of their best work... but overall -- this has been the most enjoyable releases of theirs since Confield for me, personally.

For some reason I have a strong association with this disc and Vietrmx21. They both seem to have a underwater, sinking feeling to them. I could probably ramble quite a bit on this one, but it's very much exceeded my expectations. This one feels as alive and vivid as Confield and Chiastic Slide for me, where the last two just didn't immediately grip me and I haven't revisited them as much as I have others.

I'm just going to chip in here and say this is one of their best releases. It didn't have an amazing standout track like Sublimit from Untilted, which I consider along with Pen Expers and Nuane as being some of their best work... but overall -- this has been the most enjoyable releases of theirs since Confield for me, personally.

For some reason I have a strong association with this disc and Vietrmx21. They both seem to have a underwater, sinking feeling to them. I could probably ramble quite a bit on this one, but it's very much exceeded my expectations. This one feels as alive and vivid as Confield and Chiastic Slide for me, where the last two just didn't immediately grip me and I haven't revisited them as much as I have others.

Well said, I have similar feelings towards this release.

Guest derekgray

Same here. Probably my favorite release next to EP7, and slowly growing on me more and more.

Tracks like IO and WNSN just can't be beat. Not to mention Tankakern, Rale, Simmm, paralel Suns, Perlence, Altibzz, and Outh9X. Straight up ownage.

Now feel very enthused by Quaristice. Fairly impressive upward curve of positive feelings about it - starting to get peice my way through it and get very into a few tracks in particular.

plyPhon, Simmm, Paralel Suns, Tankakern, Rale and 90101-51-1 are all killer.

half a dozen others are doing it for me in some sense too.

basically - it seems to be turning out to be quite a cracker of an album. more good stuff on it than the last 2 and dare I say it, maybe even confield too.

oh, as for the Glasgow set being the bonus CD suggestion, have to say I doubt that will be the case. Coincidence that the soundboard recording was 68min too, I think that's all. As GB3 mentioned, Sean Booth suggested he though live sets featuring on releases would be 'milking it'. (where did you see/hear that GB3...? Did I give you link to the audio of my interview with him..canny mind - heads up arse this week). He went on to talk about the fact that live sets are a 2-way thing that only really exists on the night at the gig. If you weren't there, a recording somehow loses the integral value of what it's supposed to represent - or something of such sentiment along those lines. which i totally agree with...

..the serendipitus (well, sort of - i guess it wasnt luck as such) thing about it for me, is that having been at the Glasgow gig that night in 05 (with Gump and Mosca I might add..belter!) there is obviously a genuine connection with the soundboard recording as I can still see and feel the night and sound when i listen to it still today. and of course, the recording of that set that i have here is 1411kbs WAV ;-) Meaning if I'm wrong and the bonus material IS the set, then hoo hahh, won't be any different to the copy i have here save for some good mastering mind you.

But I doubt I'm wrong - as something else Sean said was that he doesn't really like soundboard as it's obviously totally dry, no room -- and the room is practically the most important part of hearing a live set. suggested he much preferred phone recordings iirc, and that they are fairly positive or at least ambivalent towards bootleg live sets being freely passed around.

ps - for the record, the mp3 of the weegie set that everyone has now didn't come from me. was given a wav in good confidence, and kept it offline. I blame Gump or Mosca lol. :-)

where did you see/hear that GB3...? Did I give you link to the audio of my interview with him..canny mind - heads up arse this week).

i think either you or someone else told me about what was in that recording i havent heard it myself yet, is there a chance of getting that WAVE recording of the set off you? that would be killer

Edited by Ghostbusters III

..the serendipitus (well, sort of - i guess it wasnt luck as such) thing about it for me, is that having been at the Glasgow gig that night in 05 (with Gump and Mosca I might add..belter!) there is obviously a genuine connection with the soundboard recording as I can still see and feel the night and sound when i listen to it still today. and of course, the recording of that set that i have here is 1411kbs WAV ;-) Meaning if I'm wrong and the bonus material IS the set, then hoo hahh, won't be any different to the copy i have here save for some good mastering mind you.

ps - for the record, the mp3 of the weegie set that everyone has now didn't come from me. was given a wav in good confidence, and kept it offline. I blame Gump or Mosca lol. :-)

o dear god. i think my champagne bottle spontaneously exploded, thank you very much.

you're such a tease, it should be considered criminal.

lol, emperor's new clothes. Everybody is fooling themselves into liking it.

Tankakern and the last two ambient tracks are pretty good tho'

There's a difference between fooling yourself into liking something and giving it time to appreciate and understand.

Guest Jólasveinar

It is fukkin brilliant. Very fresh (although reminiscent at the same time), also sonically and style-wise more diverse than their previous albums.

After two listens, my love for now goes to

- plyPhon

- Perlence ( :w00t: )

Guest Enter a new display name
Quaristice is officially an excellent album! =D Took me 9 listens!

That must be the hidden 9 in the album

lol