IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest themanmachine
God, returning to Draft after listening to this over and over again for a week was an amazing experience. Gotta wonder if this will ever measure up to that one. I actually do think that some places on Quaristice are pretty amazing. I've been pretty hard on this one. I went about it differently than with previous releases, because this time I knew that with the other ones I had waited months to years before really unlocking them. I almost wanted to force this unlocking upon myself. Well I guess I was let down a bit, but now looking at the thing I see some brilliant, brilliant moments.

It's odd, I listened to Draft this morning and it kicked my ass like it never has before.

Quaristice is good, but at the same time it makes you appreciate some of their more sculpted music.

Quaristice is good, but at the same time it makes you appreciate some of their more sculpted music.

Actually I listened to Untilted last night and Pro Radii sounded like a bunch of ideas stapled together without much coherence - I kind of wished for the discipline of Quaristice's quick edits. Mind you Fermium is still incredible when it runs wild toward the end, although it makes perfect sense and gets progressively more complicated. And I still love Augmatic.

But there are few tracks as mind-altering as Fol3 cranked up loud in the dark, it's like falling through a thicket of noise. The way the sounds rush at you is really quite startling.

personally, i think it was designed to give messageboard denizens such as bonesy a smug sense of self-importance.

seems like the kind of thing those guys would do.

not a surprise since the big 6 has been quiet for a long time.

meaning big 3 plus the "other guys"

yes.

4 months is a long time?

depends what happened 4 months ago?

Guest analogue wings

4 months is a long time?

depends what happened 4 months ago?

Kick In The Cunt Award:

Everyone who started a "why hasn't Aphex Twin released anything since drukqs?" thread.