IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

The origin of the word is the Latin incunabula for "swaddling clothes", used by extension for the infancy or early stages of something.

*swaddling: to bind (an infant, esp. a newborn infant) with long, narrow strips of cloth to prevent free movement; wrap tightly with clothes.

THERE YOU HAVE IT

Man, this is gonna be a long three months. At least I have Clark in only one or two months. We will have to think of something to talk about in the mean time. Like, hmmmmm, maybe some of our favorite autechre moments? You know, in order to heighten and relish in our sense of faboism.

Man, this is gonna be a long three months. At least I have Clark in only one or two months. We will have to think of something to talk about in the mean time. Like, hmmmmm, maybe some of our favorite autechre moments? You know, in order to heighten and relish in our sense of faboism.

i'm blasting ae even more when i drive... i drove home last night blasting fermium when i pulled into my neighborhood... when i pulled into the drive way, my wife came out waving her arms like doc brown did when he told marty where he got the plutonium from... then she said... "don't freak out the neighbors... they won't understand!"

...Like, hmmmmm, maybe some of our favorite autechre moments? You know, in order to heighten and relish in our sense of faboism.

the last few minutes of augmatic disport!

i'm blasting ae even more when i drive... i drove home last night blasting fermium when i pulled into my neighborhood... when i pulled into the drive way, my wife came out waving her arms like doc brown did when he told marty where he got the plutonium from... then she said... "don't freak out the neighbors... they won't understand!"

lol, and you just moved in too lol

mine subject to change:

The moment that super heavy bass comes in at the begging of Tewe. Cooler than any dubstep song I have heard.

The shift into the swing section of Cipater.

When the chords come in on Yeesland.

When the chords come in on Draun Quarter.

The freaking beginning melody of Goz Quarter.

The height of the chords in Pen Expers.

The very end of Parhelic Triangle.

36 seconds into Bine.

All of Eidetic Casein.

The beginning of Uviol

The transfer into Lentic Catachresis.

2:50 into 61e.cr. And that funky as hell modular bass synth.

That minor melody in the last third or so of P.:Ntil.

Where V-Proc cuts out for a second like at 1:41

The beginning and when the chords creep in on Squeller.

When the drums come in on Dropp.

Beginning of Liccifli.

Beginning of Dial and its transfer into Cap IV.

When they double the drums on Corc around 3:30, kills me.

That part around five minutes or so into Drane2 where it gets all bouncy.

The transition into the second half of Rae.

Holy smokes like 3:45 or so into Gaekwad, absolutely amazing.

The hippity hoppity part of Gelk.

The beginning measures of Dael.

When that massive bass synth comes in during Clipper.

Beginning of Iera and sublimit too.

The part right before in LCC where the melody comes in.

Guest burnibus

Rook you love the ae more than most, almost bibliographic knowledge of tunes. Dont get me wrong i love em lots but you my friend are hardcore.

One of my favourite ae moments is a real moment as opposed to exact timings of tunes. Two nights ago i was playing prince of persia listening to Untilted fighting bad things and it was amazing, my skills improved massiovely due to the concentrated nature of the music, and between fights i was able to hear loads of untilted moments i had forgot about which was nice.

Another was at the Zoo gig in manchester on a head full of shwooms absolutely loving it, but then having a sit down by the dancefloor towards the end of their set when the Pro radii sutff came on and it melted my mind, just really sinister growling nastyness, never heard anything like it.

One of my favourite ae moments is a real moment as opposed to exact timings of tunes. Two nights ago i was playing prince of persia listening to Untilted fighting bad things and it was amazing, my skills improved massiovely due to the concentrated nature of the music, and between fights i was able to hear loads of untilted moments i had forgot about which was nice.

I have a similar experience with Bola's Fyuti. Whenever I listen to it, I am reminded of Halo.

Btw, I forgot to mention,

The entry of the bass in Cfern.

The bass melody of Second Scepe.

Pretty much all of Second Scout.

Uber fanboi alert lol.

Edited by Rook

Mmm; -certain parts of Maphive 6.1, -eutow (especially accompanied by the cheesy time lapse video, check it out on youtube), -teartear, -the end of 444, -surripere, -the vocals in pro radii

And don't even get me started on their remixes. :ok:

Guest Enter a new display name

Some of their best moments are:

The first 5 minutes of Nuane, as the track goes on

The end of Cichli

The chord of Pen Expers

The end of Parhelic Triangle

The melody of Clipper

The very beginning of Bine

The bassline of Uviol

The ending of Fermium

It might take forever...

Guest burnibus

see i cant name any specific parts of tunes cos that implies that the other poarts of said tune aren't as good but they are. Its all about the whole.

without the full tune the individual parts wouldn't exist. I can chose between tunes to some extent but those tunes are complete packages of excellence.

see i cant name any specific parts of tunes cos that implies that the other poarts of said tune aren't as good but they are. Its all about the whole.

without the full tune the individual parts wouldn't exist. I can chose between tunes to some extent but those tunes are complete packages of excellence.

without the first floor, the top of the skyscraper could not exist. But that doesn't mean the top of the skyscraper isn't really freaking sweet. Often, music is created with a specific effort to make certain parts climax or to catch the attention of the listener. It is the same with most art forms. We simply identify them. For example, in Apocalypse Now, the cavalry charge over Flight of the Valkerie and the killing of Kurtz or obvious high points of the movie, but this does not make the rest of the movie any less important. To identify these high points is to give respect to the skill of the artist.

By the way,

The tempo change in Teartear.

Pretty much all of Nuane

2:10 into Netlon Sentinel

The drum breakdown in Under Boac.

When the drums come in on Dropp.

Definitely one of my favorite moments too. The melody is stretched unevenly across 7/4 bars, and the beat is compressed to hell, but somehow there's still logical phrasing. How can Autechre be so good?!

That part around five minutes or so into Drane2 where it gets all bouncy.

Another one of my favorites. I've always thought that part sounds like a Celtic melody.

Impacial Section - 1:47-2:18. There's a super funky 3-bar beat that repeats 4 times. I can't get enough of it.

Guest burnibus

without the first floor, the top of the skyscraper could not exist. But that doesn't mean the top of the skyscraper isn't really freaking sweet. Often, music is created with a specific effort to make certain parts climax or to catch the attention of the listener. It is the same with most art forms. We simply identify them. For example, in Apocalypse Now, the cavalry charge over Flight of the Valkerie and the killing of Kurtz or obvious high points of the movie, but this does not make the rest of the movie any less important. To identify these high points is to give respect to the skill of the artist.

I get where you are coming from and i have certain parts of tunes i love but these parts are subjective. they are based purely on the interpretation of the listener. for all we know the artist may have thought "that bit in the middle is not as strong as the rest" but we could like it more. Talking about bass drops and certain build up points and release these are not possible without the entire composition and personally i think highlighting such specific parts of tunes detracts from the narative of the entire composition which has been composed as a whole not just as a vehicle to get to the poitn a 2.32 where the ambient pads become detuned and the kick doubles up etc.... Of course this is my opinion and understand why people have highlights but i just see it diffferently

Guest tht! tne
Who here is going to listen to their entire Ae discography in chronological order in the days leading up to this? C'mon now be honest

i do this from time to time and probably will in march

Was anybody else kind of waiting in expectation that autechre would be the next to release something. I'm also waiting for a warp aphex LP but yeah, autechre was next on my list, so I am very happy

autechre is always first on my list! i don't get too excited over others releasing musics! hell... i still never bought or heard any of the tracks from hello everything and campfire headcase!

Who here is going to listen to their entire Ae discography in chronological order in the days leading up to this? C'mon now be honest

Actually I was planning on abstaining from all music and also abstaining from talking for three days prior to its release.

The next logical step is to fast for 48 hours prior to the release.

mine subject to change:

The moment that super heavy bass comes in at the begging of Tewe. Cooler than any dubstep song I have heard.

The shift into the swing section of Cipater.

When the chords come in on Yeesland.

When the chords come in on Draun Quarter.

The freaking beginning melody of Goz Quarter.

The beginning measures of Dael.

When that massive bass synth comes in during Clipper.

Beginning of Iera and sublimit too.

The part right before in LCC where the melody comes in.

Damn you have good taste.

I'd add -

the collapsing, overlapping beats at the end of Iera

Nil

Zeiss Contarex

Surripere

10:24 into the Glasgow Art School set

And I hope those glotch "samples" of the new album are real, they're too cool. If they're fakes, hats off, more please.