IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Wow, nice spot! Listening on laptop speakers now in a noisey place but I can definitely hear the similarities.

Also, Simmm and Quaristice as a whole are monumental and still hold up incredibly well (can't believe it's already over 7 years ago), absolute highlights.

Guest bitroast

Crazy to think the Quaristice stuff is almost 7 years old now.

I'm definitely appreciating Quaristice the album more as time goes by. As opposed to mixing it up with tracks from Versions and Quadrange.

yeah i'm feeling that too. i still find the actual album a bit sketchy and maybe (maybe) not up to same standards as other albums but if i'm gonna listen to it it makes most sense to listen to the actual album now :)

I find Quaristice to be weirdly inconsistent, not in terms of how the quality varies from track to track but in terms of how my reaction to it varies from listen to listen. Sometimes it really clicks with me and I find myself wondering how I never got into it before, then I'll listen again the following day and find it's unclicked again.

• Like 1

^ I get that with Oversteps in a ratio of 30/70 click/unclick (or maybe 40/60, undecided)

I really like Oversteps when i'm in the mood...with the exception of that one track that always reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds

I find Quaristice to be weirdly inconsistent, not in terms of how the quality varies from track to track but in terms of how my reaction to it varies from listen to listen.

Yeah, I find that a bit. The flow feels a bit disjointed I guess cause they are short tracks and some are much better than others, its the one album I can't leave on to play all the way through, I guess that was the point, it's like the minidisc in that way, make your own playlist to suit your mood.

Guest bitroast

^ I get that with Oversteps in a ratio of 30/70 click/unclick (or maybe 40/60, undecided)

I really like Oversteps when i'm in the mood...with the exception of that one track that always reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds

???

what track is that

? ? ?

???

what track is that

? ? ?

If you know it, then you know haha I want to say it's about 3/4 in...I'll get the track number when I get to my car later...

???

what track is that

? ? ?

If you know it, then you know haha I want to say it's about 3/4 in...I'll get the track number when I get to my car later...

Track 10 / d-sho qub

I am mostly reminded of Kubrick's 2001 towards the end of it, with that Ligeti-esque choir manipulation. One of the coolest bits of this album. The child-like motif never went well for me.

yeah so awesome, it's like you are falling into the flames of hell at the end.

revenge of the nerds my asshole

Edited by Ivan Ooze

that's on of my favorite tracks, lol how in the hell does that remind you of revenge of the nerds

think i love quaristice and oversteps the most

It's the opening melody line; also, too melodic and straight-ahead for Autechre IMO. I generally like the harder, abstract stuff.

that's on of my favorite tracks, lol how in the hell does that remind you of revenge of the nerds

It's the opening melody line; also, too melodic and straight-ahead for Autechre IMO. I generally like the harder, abstract stuff.

I guess that was kind of a narrative for this track to be cheery at first then delve half-cock into idm dirt as previously mentioned.

I guess that was kind of a narrative for this track to be cheery at first then delve half-cock into idm dirt as previously mentioned.

True. I just could never get passed the opening

Makes me think of the violin riff here:

too melodic and straight-ahead for Autechre IMO.

snore

it's totally autechre showing their depeche mode influence imo

I too like the more weird/sound designy stuff they do but I think it's great that even at this stage of their career they can sneak in super wicked upfront melodies and fuck them into oblivion over the course of a track

True. I just could never get passed the opening

Makes me think of the violin riff here:

well i'll be damned, i can hear it omg! but trust me it's a killer track and you watched that movie way too many times man haha

• 9 months later...