IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Quaristice was the album that got me into Autechre, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed it quite as much as that first drunken, enlightening listen thru. Still my least listened to Autechre album, though I do enjoy dipping into the quadranges now and then.

This is an excellent video, hope this guy makes more like it with other Autechre tracks.

IO - guitar lesson

That sounds awesome! Would be great if tried doing the lyrics into a vocoder as well.

Interesting dissection of the riff, I'd have never known.

I've always wanted to listen to Quaristice on the right drugs.

It is a fun ride. 

90101-51-1, IO, and Simmm were particularly trippy.

Edited by StephenG

• 5 months later...

Revisiting the Quadrange ep tonight for the first time in years and it sounds better than ever. All those 901 tracks really hit the spot. On a bit of a Quaristice binge at the moment, trying to get the individual track artwork on my phone is proving to be a bitch. Loving the Quaristice shit more than ever before hearing it tonight, and I listened the shit out of these tracks back in '08-10. Sounds good tonight. whats my favorite so far tonight? those 901 ones. Dang.

Revisiting the Quadrange ep tonight for the first time in years and it sounds better than ever. All those 901 tracks really hit the spot. On a bit of a Quaristice binge at the moment, trying to get the individual track artwork on my phone is proving to be a bitch. Loving the Quaristice shit more than ever before hearing it tonight, and I listened the shit out of these tracks back in '08-10. Sounds good tonight. whats my favorite so far tonight? those 901 ones. Dang.

i did this about a month ago too. quadrange and versions just destroyed me. almost sounded like ive never heard them before.

Yeah Quadrange is such a beast. I prefer it to the main Quaristice album.

Quadrange is completely doing it for me. I used to hold them in equal regard but the I'm feelin a little somethin exra from the 'range. It's like the 'tice unleased. (yeah ok it's 901 ones :braindance: )

Just uploaded a slightly reEQ'd file of my Vancouver recording:

https://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1782-autechre-live-in-vancouver-april-8th-2008/

"Stood in the center of Richard's On Richard's (R.I.P.) with my old Zoom H2 for the whole set. During the quiet breakdown I managed to, inadvertently, attract the attention of Autechre's sound engineer who attempts to sabotage my recording around 23:25, but ends up making it way better imo."

• 2 weeks later...

Just uploaded a slightly reEQ'd file of my Vancouver recording:

https://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1782-autechre-live-in-vancouver-april-8th-2008/

"Stood in the center of Richard's On Richard's (R.I.P.) with my old Zoom H2 for the whole set. During the quiet breakdown I managed to, inadvertently, attract the attention of Autechre's sound engineer who attempts to sabotage my recording around 23:25, but ends up making it way better imo."

LOL finally listened to this, fucking hilarious but I do feel a little bad for him

• 11 months later...

Took a long break from ae and came back in a Quaristice mood hard. Never one of my favorites but it's really doing it for me today, always nice when something just clicks. Bringing me back to a nostalgic time since it's been 10 years now!