IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

i would definitely welcome another album + alt versions release. having 2 or 3 different takes of some of your favorite tracks is so sweet. yall got twelve slightly different versions of clustro casual? take my money pls.

• Like 1

i would definitely welcome another album + alt versions release.

Isn't that basically what AE Live plus a fair bit of elseq and NTS is?

i would definitely welcome another album + alt versions release.

Isn't that basically what AE Live plus a fair bit of elseq and NTS is?

i suppose at this point we're hearing a lot of different tracks that are variations from the same patches/setups. still, not enough clustro casuals.

• 8 months later...

The whole sonic universe of Quaristice is a magical magical place that I am very happy to be able to inhabit...need to go back

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Quaristice is becoming my favourite Autechre album. Most nostalgic I feel with Chiastic Slide, but I think my new favourite is Quaristice.*

*nota bene: "favourite" and not "best". I have no use for latter word in comparing Autechre albums. Because they are all "the best".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

Quaristice is becoming my favourite Autechre album. Most nostalgic I feel with Chiastic Slide, but I think my new favourite is Quaristice.*

*nota bene: "favourite" and not "best". I have no use for latter word in comparing Autechre albums. Because they are all "the best".

I would apply the same concept to the term "favorite". Normally my favorite album is the one I suddenly feel the need to listen to 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

well this is a grower album. i liked the concept of it having much shorter tracks.

the plc sounds like it starts with a beat you'd hear on plaid's double figure-era or something, and then the rest is just awesome autechre touches. I love the sampling that glitches in and out in the end. the first four tracks are just awesome

• Like 1

lel

Listened to this just now, forgot how great it was
Never let yourself forget again lel; the whole 2008 era was the sonic blueprint for all that followed, albeit in a jammier less hi-fi way; at least to my ears, there is a strong continuity... though Oversteps inhabits its own sound universe alone but for "column thirteen" off NTS Sessions

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, splesh said:

Never let yourself forget again lel; the whole 2008 era was the sonic blueprint for all that followed, albeit in a jammier less hi-fi way; at least to my ears, there is a strong continuity... though Oversteps inhabits its own sound universe alone but for "column thirteen" off NTS Sessions

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Damn

Quaristice is a unique and mysterious album and I always enjoy revisiting it.

Also if there is one AE release I should spend much more time with, its the Quadrange EP.

• Like 2

Listening to Quadrange right now. Thank you so much, Sean & Rob, for this lovely tuneage

11 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Quaristice is a unique and mysterious album and I always enjoy revisiting it.

Also if there is one AE release I should spend much more time with, its the Quadrange EP.

Seconded, wholeheartedly; even though I often do go back to Quaristice (versions), I often forget to listen to this one

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Autechre and TLC come together (okay it's just me having a larf) to present you The Tlc - No Scrubs (Quaristice Mix). Track length? 3:33.333

Just a fun mashup of an R&B classic with bits of Altibzz, The Plc, and PlyPhon. Very loosely done. Just for fun. Please don't take this too seriously.

1440431151_noscrubs(quaristicemix).mp3

• Like 4