Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Autechre and TLC come together (okay it's just me having a larf) to present you The Tlc - No Scrubs (Quaristice Mix). Track length? 3:33.333

Just a fun mashup of an R&B classic with bits of Altibzz, The Plc, and PlyPhon. Very loosely done. Just for fun. Please don't take this too seriously.

1440431151_noscrubs(quaristicemix).mp3

• Like 3

Be nice if they put Quadrange up on Spotify, save me digging around for it. I think it’s time to fire up the old Sony HD Walkman as I know it lurks about on there, (as does my Soundcloud dump compilation) and various other CD treats like Bochum Welt. Hail The Wolfman! hail The Walkman! (hoof to the roof, claw to the floor)

• 4 weeks later...

I think this album finally clicked with me just now

Blyz Castl kicks so much ass also

I definitely want to listen to the rest of the era today (including that replicated live set). I think this will be pretty fun!

Edited by X4creek
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, X4creek said:

I think this album finally clicked with me just now

Blyz Castl kicks so much ass also

I definitely want to listen to the rest of the era today (including that replicated live set). I think this will be pretty fun!

13 years to click with Quaristice? This gives me hope that Chiastic Slide might click with me one day ...perhaps in another decade or so.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

13 years to click with Quaristice? This gives me hope that Chiastic Slide might click with me one day ...perhaps in another decade or so.

ah no i first listened to it in April 2019 haha its just that since then ive liked it but it never fully clicked with me

• Like 1

It's not just Quaristice, imo the Quadrange and Versions are absolutely top tier AE. Fol4 is my favorite thing they have ever done and it's completely unmatched by anything else. No such a track exist that would be even remotely close to it. Also Perlence Suns ❤️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, X4creek said:

ah no i first listened to it in April 2019 haha its just that since then ive liked it but it never fully clicked with me

I had that fairly recently with Quaristice (I say that, it was before the first lockdown so probably like 3 years ago...time goes fast with kids). Always liked it but one day out walking and listening it was like I'd never heard it before. The autechre effect.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 12:17 AM, Iwanttobefree said:

Fol4 is my favorite thing they have ever done and it's completely unmatched by anything else. No such a track exist that would be even remotely close to it. Also Perlence Suns ❤️

fuck yeah Fol4

i always thought there's a heavy Throbbing Gristle influence in that one, wouldn't sound out of place on some of the late period TG albums