IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

I wonder what kind of equipment they will use. I mean, even though they give their elektron gear quite a workout, there is still plenty of untapped potential. Given an interview I read with Sean Booth, if they do use computers at all, I wouldn't expect them to tour with them or anything. It seems that the hardware is here to stay for a while. I wonder if they will bust out some of their old analog gear. I personally would be surprised if they went back to far to analog gear since the gear they have now has a much easier interface and is much more versatile.

if going back to 'analogue' gear meant them triggering solenoids and motors to acoustically hit objects im down

i don't think that the interface of any equipment is a criteria for autechre on what they'll use. from the interviews it seems that they know all their gear inside out and will use whatever gear they see fit to get a certain sound they are looking for.

i don't think that the interface of any equipment is a criteria for autechre on what they'll use. from the interviews it seems that they know all their gear inside out and will use whatever gear they see fit to get a certain sound they are looking for.

http://elektron.se/stories/?y=2007&p=2...=5&s=1#talk

I mean, Autechre's gear list rivals that of aphex's. So obviously they have experience with all types of interfaces. Plus they made their own software sequencers and all that buisness. But check that elektron interview. I think they like their current set up because it has a very easy and versatile "range of parameters" and interface. We shall see though, two and a half months left...

Can anyone remember if warp made it pretty clear that Drukqs would be a double album before that was released? I'm sure they did... not 100% sure but I think so.... I mean, that would be a great way to build up hype but so is revealing new pieces of information gradually so who knows what my come...

I'm gonna guess it's not a double album though...

Guest tht! tne

i don't wanna criticize autechre but

some of their artworks just haven't really reflected their total awesomeness enough

i don't know if they're just over having revolutionary artwork like on draft 7.30

but i would prefer that their covers look like the music sounds

i'd hate to think that these simplified covers are an attempt at shedding a segment of their fanbase

I actually really like the vast majority of Autechre artworks. Even the ones that are just one flat color. It reminds me of Autechre because this is a group that is all about the music and not about some sort of philosophy or image, which is why they turn the lights of when they play. It reminds me of Autechre because they don't want the artwork to influence how you hear the music. On the other hand, the Draft artwork is the bizniz, and reminds me of certain parts in V-Proc and Reniform Puls.

but seriously, Awesome:

untilted.jpeg

Awesome:

autechre_envane.gif

^ i love that even more now that i finally saw the video it's based after

but i think Draft is my favorite artwork

Interesting. I didn't care for the video and it kind of ruined it a bit for me.

Guest Caustic

The video did ruin my vision of what the image actually was.

I thought it was some kinda space factory in a void thing. It looks better in my head.

Guest Enter a new display name
I have a painting of the Untilted artwork hung in my room. =)

You have never shown it to me. :cry: Take a pic for WATMM, please. :rolleyes:

Can anyone remember if warp made it pretty clear that Drukqs would be a double album before that was released? I'm sure they did... not 100% sure but I think so....

I thought they did as well. Checked back on the AFX section in Warp and it was indeed announced in July 2001 as a double CD. If Quaristice turns out to be a double CD, what will the vinyl release be like...?

Can anyone remember if warp made it pretty clear that Drukqs would be a double album before that was released? I'm sure they did... not 100% sure but I think so....

I thought they did as well. Checked back on the AFX section in Warp and it was indeed announced in July 2001 as a double CD. If Quaristice turns out to be a double CD, what will the vinyl release be like...?

3 vinyls, each with 6.6666666666666666666666666666667 tracks