IGNORED

Bad E-mail

Squee

Guest Josefmcb

this ain't bad. nothing special mind...kinda sounds a bit generic trip-hoppy or something, but i like some of the sounds themselves; and though it doesn't really go anywhere much, i like the melodies 'n' ting.

it's not too hard tho. the glitch and sub bassdrum fit well together. pretty cool vibe when the electric piano/organ comes in but before that point the atmosphere was lacking. i'd bring the ep/organ back with the japanese girl when the drums stop.

Guest grasshopper

Nice man, was a bit tripped out at the start with all the stopping and starting, ok all the way. too many pauses........ whats with all the pauses? or am i just fucked up. Starnge, I liked it, but without the pauses.

Let me put it this way: there's a lot of good stuff going on, it just takes to long to get there. I think the pauses are needed between the parts, but after part add more than just one thing. I really like the mood and a lot of the timbre's you used.

Guest Max Marlow

looks like you have some of the same problems like me from time to time.

the track seems to be completed in a way, samples are placed good, rhythm is progressed over the timeline, some little bass - just as you find it fit, a melody as main part... but then something obviously stops you. ... on that track its the melody... i know you like to stay in a special mood with the track, and you neither try to work it out happy, nor do you like to give it other chords in general.

in thise case its really going nowhere. maybe you should just put the melody just off a while...

and in fact its just a similar problem i have with my jfx track. check it out...and you find the bells will have a near sound like yours. they really sound awesome, but they stop everything else around. its like they distort themselves if you use them over a lot of notes. your clickprogression is good anyway, and with the vocals you might be further with that track here, than i am with jfx, tho i found another way to get mine closer to a finish in some way.

the other possibility is, that you just push off some of your lines and start from scratch with some elements... and i'd not say thats the drum or the vocal! ... oh and i find, it deserve 4 to 6 bpm more. just a little. or get much slower, and work the release rates out :) typical autumn track ??

lg

max

Hehe, thanks to both of you...

Yeah, I think you're on to something here. Sometimes I experience some sort of blockade, then my mind snaps, and I start to drool like a complete retard... Actually I think it's because I don't really feel anything for the track and then I just finish it off rather quick without thinking that I might be able to change it into something better, and that is the case with this very case.

I've heard jfx and I really like it - I'm pretty sure I left a post aswell - especially the drums made my ears melt...

Thanks! :)

Archived