IGNORED

Vibert Simmonds "Rodulate"

cern

Its a selection of previously unreleased Vibert and Simmonds tracks from the 'Weirs' era, 1991-1992 I think. Expect analoguey atmospheric type stuff.

No idea when its due out though.

i'm currently listening to the first one & yeah its bloody good!

it sounds totally 1993. like some beatboxes, a few synth lines, analogue weirdness & that's all... with many tracks that never wants to stop. still wondering what's written in japanese in the booklet?? anyway i'm curious about that rodulate album.

Luke played the tune "rodulate" on a mix he did ... it sounded lush...

I believe it's on this mix found in the download section Luke Vibert - 2004-08-21 - UK-England-London - XFM-The Rinse.mp3

at the very end before he starts playing clips of his children talking...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest beddingfield

release end of march.

triple vinyl tracklist:

A1 Room 28 Rap

A2 Space Mist

B1 Asteroid Belt

B2 I Said "Acid", Then I Said...

C1 Open File

C2 Go To Sleep (Everything Is Alright)

D1 Rare Peel

D2 Story

E1 Rodulate

E2 Hurtin' Cyst

F1 V.A.J.

F2 12 Fishing Ray

post-1965-1204504260_thumb.jpg

release end of march.

triple vinyl tracklist:

A1 Room 28 Rap

A2 Space Mist

B1 Asteroid Belt

B2 I Said "Acid", Then I Said...

C1 Open File

C2 Go To Sleep (Everything Is Alright)

D1 Rare Peel

D2 Story

E1 Rodulate

E2 Hurtin' Cyst

F1 V.A.J.

F2 12 Fishing Ray

space mist is awesome ... this awesome... you're all awesome.

4/15/08 15/4/08

Luke posted a clip of Space Mist years back on the Wagon Christ Source, when this release was only mentioned as a possibility. It's nice, can't wait.

Yes. Its quite a cheesey acid number with organs and the mardi gras break

Luke posted a clip of Space Mist years back on the Wagon Christ Source, when this release was only mentioned as a possibility. It's nice, can't wait.

Yes. Its quite a cheesey acid number with organs and the mardi gras break

oh yeah that's right I got that confused with another clip that he posted from that era- "polyorchid"

Rodulate

by VIBERT SIMMONDS

You are reading the promo notes for a legendary album of previously-unheard material from the Rephlex archives, produced by two of the label's favourite artists, both Cornishmen. We proudly announce the second album from VIBERT and SIMMONDS. Entitled "Rodulate", it is a superbly-entertaining collection of tracks, lovingly selected by the artists themselves. LUKE VIBERT is known for his work in many genres of music & has recorded under several different aliases, including The Ace Of Clubs, Amen Andrews, Kerrier District, Plug, Spac Hand Luke & Wagon Christ. He has released albums with Astralwerks, FFRR, Mo'Wax, Ninja Tune & Warp among others and has become known for his superslick beatmaking and positive expression. He's also a prolific Remixer, adding his own particular sparkle to hits from Moloko, Meat Beat Manifesto, Howie B, David Sylvian, Black Devil & Nine Inch Nails, to name a few. Vibert originally became involved in electronic music through his interest for funk and hip-hop, as well as the environment of bedroom experimentalism associated with the swelling U.K. Dance scene (circa '86-92). Luke and a friend, JEREMY SIMMONDS, released their first collaboration album, "Weirs", under the name of Vibert/Simmonds in 1993 with Rephlex and it remains a seminal masterpiece of that special era. Simmonds, aka Voafose, has remained a collaborator, background influence and spiritual advisor to Luke for years and released his debut solo album on Rephlex at the end of 2006; a collection of ambient solutions, sonic curiosities & psychiatric realisations. Jeremy's recording experiments started years before collaborative music - from childhood experiments & playtime with discarded, hand-me-down tape recorders, capturing sounds from radio/tv & the outside world. He is a known as a master of sonic texture and timbre. 'Together they assimilate such diverse elements as hip hop, house, techno, jazz & musique concrète into a unique take on electronica. With the first Vibert Simmonds album, "Weirs", they tweaked, and kick-started a virtual insurrection in sound around the world.

And "Rodulate" starts where that left off.' The duo's credentials are undeniable. Their knowledge, experience and skill are obvious. So now it's time for you to check out this new release of early classic material that has been zealously indulged by Rephlex officiandos for all these years. As Music goes, it's Magic. Tell your friends!

Pre orders on Ear-Rational:

http://www.ear-rational.com/detail.php?id=41967

http://www.ear-rational.com/detail.php?id=41968

All this info is taken from the Wagon Christ forum here:

http://wagonchrist.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=general

Mmm I want samples...chop chop!

Archived