IGNORED

Ipacial Section

Salvatorin

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
5:23 - meltdown of decay

I've never heard anything like that sound, Ipacial section is genius

good thread. i like the part at 10:17 where the beats come in.

ugh...and that melody, the one with the four-five major chords oscillating with the tetragrammatic megachord sample of steely dan at 7:74pm is just like so sick, dudes.

my favorite ae moment is when they shatter the beats and then, like with a fucking magnet (that's fucked up), the fragments chaotically cluster back together. so ill.

but, yeah, 'untittied' is a master work of proportions. i heard sean booth sampled himself eating an apple. anyone else read that review? pitchfork claims that this is the number ones album from 1988 -- i question this assumption.

• 2 months later...
Guest Randolph Carter

Ipacial was the first track I fell in love with off of Untilted. I was getting sick of everyone espousing the greatness of Pro Radii, which I think is one of the weaker tracks on the album, and not even mentioning Ipacial Section.

The part from 3:21 to 4:22 is a perfect minute.

You can even hear the beginnings of the sounds at 3:21 at the 3:02 mark in the background.

Brilliant Track!

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
Pro Radii, which I think is one of the weaker tracks on the album,

obviously you haven't heard pro radii loud enough.

Guest Randolph Carter
Pro Radii, which I think is one of the weaker tracks on the album,

obviously you haven't heard pro radii loud enough.

Quite possibly true. It's funny you say that, I told someone else to listen to Steels louder and perhaps they'd enjoy it more.

Guest LonelyMachines

I hated it at first. The opening section just struck me as abrasive. I think that's what made me "tough it out" though. The more I struggled with it, the more I started to appreciate it.

Kinda like my music that way :rolleyes:

Still not a fan of Fermium, though.

Guest Enter a new display name

Pro Radii is one of their weirdest songs, which is why it must require so much attention to fully appreciate it.

Guest Randolph Carter
Pro Radii is one of their weirdest songs, which is why it must require so much attention to fully appreciate it.

I don't find too much depth to it compared to something like Bine, Lentic Catachresis, Fol3, etc. which require way more attention to follow. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I like other songs off Untilted much better.

Also, a lot of the songs off of Untilted are way too compressed (thanks go to Lonely Machines for pointing this out to me) , there's not enough headroom, not enough dynamic range for things to sound anything but loud and sloppy i.e. Pro Radii.

To each his own though, not everyone likes everything.

Guest plangplang

it is a great track...

Untilted has to be listened very loud to unfold its fuckery proper, and more importantly with sub-bass to the max innit?... it's weird, there is fantastic things going on in the low end, while it's being mixed pretty un-bassy... Pro Radii ~ 3.00 fwd--> FTW!

Pro Radii is simply an epic aural experience. I set up my own "surround-sound" system by placing speakers all around me and linked them all together and played this. It was like seeing the face of god in a computer chip.

this track is the perfect example of the''alpha wheel'' concept hence radii...the bass fits perfectly, a lot of symmetry is involved

• 2 months later...

Only realised today there's a shit load of very high frequency stuff going on in there. Sounds almost a bit like Ryoji Ikeda was in the same studio. :P

Stereo difference of Pro Radii is awesome. The rest of the album is mastered very strangely when you go into the panning of it, you get a load of high mids and highs coming out but nothing much else. I wonder if their intention from the start was to make an album with as much bass as possible.

Edited by futureimage

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Only realised today there's a shit load of very high frequency stuff going on in there. Sounds almost a bit like Ryoji Ikeda was in the same studio. :P

Stereo difference of Pro Radii is awesome. The rest of the album is mastered very strangely when you go into the panning of it, you get a load of high mids and highs coming out but nothing much else. I wonder if their intention from the start was to make an album with as much bass as possible.

well the bass is pretty much the concept of the song its the ''main instrument'' of the track