IGNORED

Plaid peel session

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

this is probably old news, but i've only just come across them......

four tracks a mate sent me, sounding very Plaid-esque with John Peel introducing them, so presumably it's an unreleased peel session. but there's bugger all mention of them anywhere.

Housework

Kiterider

Zelide

Lazybeams

I'd heard about these tracks for ages, but only got to actually hear them recently. 'Housework' is fucking ace and has already become one of my Plaid top tunes. Is there anybody anywhere who has an idea of the TX date? Presumably not, as even the BBC themselves don't seem to know.

Ezkerraldean, you've probably heard it, but the session from 2003 is shit-hot as well.

I'm miles behind the rest of the world hearing these Peel Sessions, and I've been sorely missing out. They're excellent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wikipedia has the date for this session (Lazy Beams, Kite Rider etc) as 20th June 1998.

This is wrong, because this peel session was after the release of Rest Proof Clockwork. I have the original recording on cassette tape with a note that says "August 1999".

Archived