IGNORED

Beck - Odelay (Deluxe Edition)

BobDobalina

42883.odelay.jpg

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...issue-treatment

Damn, one of the best releases of the 90s, re-issued with a fuckload or remixes, b-sides, and singles (including the exquisite "deadweight")!

My ass is torn however, as I already bought this album the first time goddamit. I feel like the fool buying it again just for the extra shit and whoring myself to music industry scumbag marketing tactics. Prolly gonna steal it using the internets. Preferably in flac.

Fred, convince me to buy this, using compelling arguments like the master debater you are

maybe you can fool yourself into thinking it's the first time to unwrap the disc and put it in and hear it for the first time plus the three crazy new tracks that weren't good enough to be included on the album in the first place?

also, imagine beck, at his home, about to eat a burrito, thinking, man i really hope my fans like this collection.

orrrrrr

yeah i dont know you're on your own, i dont see too much of a reason to buy it really. in fact i dont know why i'm even going to buy it. just because. just to rest my balls on the disc.

Guest serpico009

I'm on it! some of those b-sides like "Feather In Your Cap" are very nice, good to have them in one place. That "Thunder Peel" track is a stormer, too. Like a more rockin' Steve Threw Up. i don't thnk I've ever actually heard the RDJ remix.

Match sticks strike

when I'm riding my bike

to the depot

caude everybody knows my name

at the recreation center.

Anyone ever download a radio show appearence Beck did, the filename is "God, The Devil, and JR Dobbs"? Anyway, it's pretty funny, just a noise collage and Beck spinning spoken-word records.

I'm not buying this just because I missed out on being in the background to the Beck - Broken Drum video by about a foot, fucking hell.

i never bought it (though i'd like to have it) and never owned the Aphex mix either. i guess this is perfect for me. i hope it doesn't cost more than i would spend to get all that stuff separately, and that could happen.

Guest bitroast

yeah yeah! looking forward forward to the unreleased tracks!

inferno was never a track that wasn't 'good enough' to be on the original album. apparantly it included too many samples he was never able (never bothered?) to release it.

I felt really let down by this album when it was released. It felt rather bland after the albums that had gone before. This reissue seems like a good excuse to give it another chance.

Guest bitroast

i actually really like the remix, with the exception of the vocals.

the actual tune i love, which sounds like crazy ass acid shit with melodies that remind me of pilot wings :P

but there are the high pitched vocals, which kinda ruin it : (

It just sounds like a cast off to me. It also sounds like utter shit. Mixed very poorly. Not unusual for aphex but normally it's in a good way. I will also add a very IMO.

Guest bitroast

there's

Sand Lowe (The Polygon Window Remix) - judging by the sound, this coulda easily snuck in on 26 mixes.

Run The Place Red (AFX Mix)

We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin TTQ Mix)

& Time To Find Me (AFX Slow Mix)

can't think of anymore, unless you count the remix of Sci Fi Staircase.

Except from the Beck remix. What other remixes were excluded from 26 mixes for cash?

Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin TTQ Mix)

Saint Etienne - Who Do You Think You Are (Quex-rd)

Jesus Jones - Zeroes And Ones (Aphex Twin Reconstruction # 1 Mix)

Seefeel - Time To Find Me (AFX Slow Mix)

Soft Ballet - Sand Lowe (The Polygon Window Remix)

other stuff

Power-Pill - Pac-Man

Gershon Kingsley - Pop Corn [Caustic Window]

The Bug & Daddy Freddy - Run The Place Red (AFX Mix)

doesn remixing himself count? there are a couple of self mixes on "26".

oh and a bunch of the mixes on 26 were editied shorter including:

Kinesthesia

Philip Glass/Bowie/Eno

Nav Katze (Ziggy)

Saint Etienne

The Beatniks

Nine Inch Nails (At the Heat of it All)

Meat Beat Manifesto

Archived