IGNORED

Within A Sound

Caretstik

WTF IS THIS?! IT'S FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!

OK, I'm a dick for dismissing Mike P out of hand for all these years. I'm trying to make up for it.

Are there any of you old-timers who love this track as well?

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda like his own version of "sound of music"

Sbeen too long since I've listen to it... When it opens up at 02:08.

Speaking of tango n vectif: the sonic foxxxxx! damn it I always feel like a sonic fox whenever I put it on, running and flowing past stuff people cities

Also amenida 2 :mu-ziq:

In Pine Effect yeah?

i always thought "Phiesope" was the winner on there, but that was years ago, and i haven't heard the thing in years either.

Mike's pretty good, and from time to time he can be very good. get:

Tango N' Vectif (make sure its the 2xCD)

Lunatic Harness

Royal Astronomy

Bluff Limbo

Urmur Bile Trax

those are the ones i thought were good. the Brace Yourself single has its moments. haven't heard that new record.

oh and of his Kid Spatula stuff make sure you get that Unity Gain/Hard Love split 12" w/ Jega. don't know about the rest of the Kid Spatula stuff (guess the first album is ok though) but that 12" is madness.

I've been working my way through the Mike P back cat in an illogical, arse-about-tit sort of way. The two Kid Spatula albums finally sparked my interest after I dabbled in 'Duntisbourne Abbots' and liked it. Keen to get hold of the two Rephlex albums, but money's temporarily dried up. Soon as that clears up, I'm picking 'em up and concentrating on the finer details of the µ stuff.

And like I said, my bad for being such a retard about this lovely Ziqqy stuff for all this time.

Guest Italic Eyeball
The two Kid Spatula albums finally sparked my interest after I dabbled in 'Duntisbourne Abbots' and liked it.

i actually got into Kid Spatula after i listened to Duntisbourne, too. Kid Spatula is definitely a different feeling, but it's amazing shit.

two albums: do you mean full sunken breaks and meast? cause there's spatula freak, too.

shite i gotta listen to vectif today, now.

two albums: do you mean full sunken breaks and meast? cause there's spatula freak, too.

Yeah, sorry! Forgot about that one (told you I was a nub). When cash isn't so much of a problem I'm going to be hitting discogs' market place. Hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Within a Sound is the only song I like on In Pine Effect.

I recommend Bluff Limbo and the 2 disc Tango N Vectif. I think those albums are a bit patchy but there's more than enough great material (on par with Within a Sound) that makes them worth the purchase.

Just download Within a Sound and don't bother buying the rest of the CD :P By the song off Bleep if you feel you must buy it.

Guest Promo

Yes, love this one .... definitely one of U-Ziq's best tunes. My fav of that record is 'Old Fun' though as its absolutely the sickness!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I still play the shit out of 'Within A Sound' every day, it's one of the most overwhelming tracks I've ever heard. Plus it's pushed me into filling in a lot of blanks in my µ-Ziq/etc. collection. I'm converted.

I still play the shit out of 'Within A Sound' every day, it's one of the most overwhelming tracks I've ever heard. Plus it's pushed me into filling in a lot of blanks in my µ-Ziq/etc. collection. I'm converted.

mate, if you haven't already, buy slag boom van loon

it's fucking majestic

LUDD, I've had that in my mental shopping basket for a while now, not least because of 'Falling Angels...' and 'Poppy Seed' (nothing to do with the BoC remixes). That could be the answer to the boring weekend doing nowt that I've got coming up (bleep for this one though).

Guest AOOproductions

I think In Pine Effect is his worst release ever and I hate it with a passion. But all his other work is ACE :wink:

• 1 month later...
Guest Promo
It's neat to see which albums are least liked and loved by others. With most artists I generally enjoy all of the output.

Agreed but Jake Slazenger ftw.

Archived