IGNORED

now playing thread

easterlingman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning fellow Music Masters! Still Wise Grasshopper Blank and Dual Sword Redruth standing guard I see  :cool:

All this kung-fu talk and I'm crawling around the house off work after a lower back spasm lol

Let a new day of battles commence!!!! :shuriken:

Edited by beerwolf

Yeah, i saw him in '94 too, in canberra. I was the only guy dancing, with cigarette in one hand in drink in the other. I think people were always pussies, i just forgot and it's just more obvious now cause they pile up the front so that they can find a good position to video the show from which fucks over those that actually wanna enjoy the actual show.

Yeah, i saw him in '94 too, in canberra. I was the only guy dancing, with cigarette in one hand in drink in the other. I think people were always pussies, i just forgot and it's just more obvious now cause they pile up the front so that they can find a good position to video the show from which fucks over those that actually wanna enjoy the actual show.

i was there with my beck look-alike and he got all the attention. yea, i miss the days of car-bound cellphones. you could go to the clubs, raves and parties and you might see one single group of video-camera-cool-kids acting like they were making a documentary but everyone else was right there with the music, swimming in the sounds. i think i was born at the perfect time in-between universal changeovers of earth-bound consciousness. i was able to pick up some 70's, 80's, 90's and now 2000's and it makes you a social chameleon of sorts, at least alittle from each phase but they happened so quickly that it is different then past generation gaps me think. wish i'd had some 60's tho..

tbh I had trouble picking a tune off Mellow Gold, as it's such a brilliant album :music:

yea, that was it, mellow gold, and all his gnarly, strange things before that - as well as all his unpublished music. he is truly brilliant that one..

That's very cool! I mean I still love what Beck puts out today, but I bet going to his concerts at a time when he was a lot more experimental and quirky was an absolute treat.  :happy:

Oh yeah speaking of kung-fu, been listening to this all morning and decided that this would totally be my dojo's theme:

yes yes, he was quite unique. such the gnarly california beach freak and such an inside-out brain for the musics. he still has a bit of that going on.. i keep waiting for the day he is bored and goes backwards into the time-capsule brains of his yooth.

Edited by Redruth

That's very cool! I mean I still love what Beck puts out today, but I bet going to his concerts at a time when he was a lot more experimental and quirky was an absolute treat.  :happy:

Oh yeah speaking of kung-fu, been listening to this all morning and decided that this would totally be my dojo's theme:

I saw him at a festival as well once a couple of years later still the 90's and he was doing an acoustic only set and Lee Ronaldo (or thurston moore i can't remember) came along and picked Beck up and put him in his shoulders and Beck started playing a song whilst held aloft like that, it was a bit of a kack. Kind of made of for his acoustic set being kind of lame, haha. (not that i don't like his acoustic stuff, just wasn't feeling his effort that day, maybe he was hungover, hence the teasing from the sonic youth peepa that had been watching from the side of the stage. Saw Sonic Youth that evening, they were pretty fucking on it.