IGNORED

now playing thread

easterlingman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The actual music video for this is hella 90's but she and the band all sound so good on this. I miss Dave and Paul and the band and good catchy fun rock music. (the whole album is great)

Sigh.

A bit of nostalgia... listening to this in high school when it was released, we would exchange CDs with all kinds of 'obscure' IDM (for us at that time), talk about old-loved or newly discovered music and how it was made while puffing on a spliff behind the corner. Listen this shit on your own or borrowed Discman (!) in class because you couldn't wait until home. The wonder these new sounds made to me was genuine, not only because it was something I never heard before, but also because the sounds themselves carried me over in some fantasy land. We were all like that; nerds, consumed by strange sounds (pot only made it worse lol) in an endless quest for more of that which no one else of your mates yet heard, so that you could be the 'first that discovered that'... just a silly bloke thing on top of genuine interest which some followed until today and it's a good thing.

So makesnd cassette is one of those unexpected awes, much in tune with the spirit of times, intertwined with youth dreams and exploration. Looking back, I am happy to realize that lived to experience in late 90s and early 2000s, the formation of Sound of Ljubljana, a certain flavor of minimal, dub and detroit techno that ran across the spectrum but still had that sound characteristic of the city - our jungle we explored with our funny attires and argot. This album is one of those that are instant time machines into that beautiful time.