IGNORED

now playing thread

easterlingman

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second disc of Alec Empire's 'Intelligence And Sacrifice.'

I love it. It kind of has a similar atmosphere to MBM's 'Subliminal Sandwich' up in my noodle-brain.

I've been really into Empire, Crack, ATR, Endo, Elias stuff the last month. Especially 'Low on Ice,' 'Les Etoiles Des Filles Mortes, 'Cold Metal Perfection,' 'Black Ark' and Endo's She-Satellites' 'Poison.' The more abstract stuff that's fairly different from ATR and the 'typical' DHR releases.

Man, I miss Atari Teenage Riot.

'Is This Hyperreal?' wasn't too terribly bad. And the live 'Riot In Japan 2011' album was interesting hearing Endo aaaaand... was it CX Kidtronik? doing vocals on the Crack-era tracks. But 'Reset' was.... <shake my head>

I just wish they would have added more of their experimental+noise noodlings to the ATR sound when they revived the project... Kept it moving forward instead of deluding the music and loosing the 70's-80's punk like views in favor of lyrics that an auto-generator could come up with after pumping social media posts into it for 2 days.

This post is way longer than intended...

=X

Edited by Hk47

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIl15v4fWzA&t=2011>

This thread used to get lots more traffic! Guess I'll just sit here continuing to enjoy Four Tet.

I've only heard 0181... Not a bad album at all.

I guess Pink will be next.

=P

^^^

Rian Treanor's music is pretty fuck'n badass.

=D

i got this vinyl for $3 in portland and thought something was wrong. either i'm insane or the world is incorrect. i've sat on it, listened to it, pondered and still. the world is wrong. possibly the best music i've ever heard. 

https://youtu.be/mK1009lg4iY

Edited by Nebraska