IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

I want to buy A History Maker by Alasdair Gray - just read Lanark, truly powerful book - and I've just seen on Amazon that something called BetterWorldBooks is selling it for 0,26 euros... That business is said to be selling students' used books, which sounds fair, but that price does strike me. Has anyone here bought from this ? Is it reliable ?

They make it back in delivery?

I've just bought a hardcover for 69p, but delivery was 2.50

Oh yeah I've just seen it, seems less suspicious. I'm giving this a shot then. That book would have cost me 12 euros otherwise lol.

Edited by Perezvon

So you've read the insert of the DVD?

It took me this long to realize I posted in the wrong thread :fail:

Oh well. Now reading A Confederacy Of Dunces. It's fun

Just picked this up by chance in a charity shop, will start it next.

Guest bitroast

So you've read the insert of the DVD?

It took me this long to realize I posted in the wrong thread :fail:

Oh well. Now reading A Confederacy Of Dunces. It's fun

Just picked this up by chance in a charity shop, will start it next.

Confederacy of dunces is hilarious, yes yes yes.

It's fun reading about all the planned films that were never realised. wiki mentions different attempts with leads john belushi, john candy, chris farley. and later will farrell, john goodman, stephen fry. there was also one with john waters directing with divine as ignatius?? ridiculous. either way. the book holds up on its own as a goofy comedy.

So I've just finished Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami.

Great read, with some introspective moments and the unique loneliness I always seek with Murakami. It's a book I would recommend to young adults, not just because it's an "easy" read, but 'cause it has some issues most people confront around those times.

Recommend me my next Murakami. I've already read Hardboiled Wonderland...

So I've just finished Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami.

Great read, with some introspective moments and the unique loneliness I always seek with Murakami. It's a book I would recommend to young adults, not just because it's an "easy" read, but 'cause it has some issues most people confront around those times.

Kafka on the Shore

Kafka on the Shore

Thanks. Gonna buy it then.

Though I want to finish some books I haven't, uh, finished yet. The Monk is one, also Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, though it's quite big.

Ayoade on Ayoade - his song for There Will Be Blood is a highlight. I'll put it up there with Rik Mayall's autobiography in books about someone where you finish and know even less about them than when you started.

Guest bitroast

never heard of it. perhaps i'll keep an eye out for it.

not reading anything atm... have a few things could read sitting on bookshelf but haven't really decided on anything. been reading a lot of moebius (as per recent posts in this thread http://forum.watmm.com/topic/69872-comic-books-graphic-novels-thread/)

waiting for chris ware comics to arrive... tried starting some Hemmingway today but got distracted.

Guest bitroast

i went from not reading books to reading books pretty recently.

this is honestly the most perfect portrayal of not being able to read i've ever seen.

friends kept pushing me to read something called quantum thief. struggled through the first chapter half of which was incomprehensible. finally started making a little sense but the bath water was getting cold :cerious:

Murakami - colorless tsukuru tazaki

Lafcadio Hearn - Kwaidan

Masanobu Fukuoka - the one straw revolution

PKD - short stories collection 5

Donald Teeter - herb of immortality