Jump to content

Now Reading


Guest The Vidiot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now reading: textbooks for school :(

 

I really enjoyed about 90% of my readings for uni. The other 10% were just so-so.

 

In fact I'm currently re-reading my micro-economics textbook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Now reading: textbooks for school :(

 

I really enjoyed about 90% of my readings for uni. The other 10% were just so-so.

 

In fact I'm currently re-reading my micro-economics textbook.

 

 

 

Now reading: textbooks for school :(

 

Same here... Currently reading Patterson and Hennesssy's "Computar Organization and Design" at sanic speed, exam's in 2 weeks

 

 

 

Now reading: textbooks for school :(

 

lel

 

I'm reading alsos some stuff like that.... Programmiing: Head First series (Python, C#, Java). Those books are amazing! And in the recreative world The Monk (a gothic love story).

 

I think you guys have a higher attention span than me. I can hardly read textbooks because its so easy to get distracted while reading them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

read: 'john dies at the end' sorta funny in a 'braindead the movie' way. 6/10

 

read: 'the wasp factory' (trying some of his non-culture books, this is the 1st) story was good in the middle, the ending was meh. i guess it didnt stand the test of time. 6/10

 

just started the 'revelation space' trilogy. all 5000 pages of it. i hope its worth it.

 

 

:cry: i really miss Iain Banks :cry:

Edited by lala
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finished Dune by Frank Herbert and it was stupidly ridiculously good. Way better than I hoped, and I had high hopes going into the book. Some of the best sci-fi I've read in a long time.

I've just finished it myself and loved it to pieces too! I think I'll go on reading the following books but for now I'm reading a SAS book (spies novel by a french author named Gerard de Villiers) I found in the metro some weeks ago. It's pretty lol but way more well written than I expected it to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mara and Dann by Doris Lessing arrived in the post, as well as picking up The Grandmothers, also Lessing, and Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years in a local charity shop. Score!

 

I bought Lessing at the same time I bought some Enslaved, Cryptopsy and Decapitated cds. The cashier was confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gödel, Escher Bach - 50 pages in, 700 to go, and if the first 50 pages are representative of the whole book, this is going to be one of those books you have to read with pen and pencil besides you

It is. There's a section in the middle where he goes pretty far into the TNT stuff. Helped me to actually write and transcribe some of it.

 

Just finished Murakami's Hard Boiled Wonderland....good, quick novel. First book of his I've read.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished 'The Three Stigmata if Palmer Eldritch'. It's probably my least favorite PKD read at this point. I didn't really feel connected with any of the characters or the plot. Very pseudo-religious, which isn't out of the ordinary for PKD, but it didn't hit the existential soft spots hard enough compared to other PKD novels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three Stigmata is one of my favorite PKD novels. Probably top 3. Then again I think Ubik was my least favorite so far and that seems to be up there with the best for a lot of dudes.

 

It also has the best book covers. Examples:

 

 

TheThreeStigmataOfPalmerEldritch(1stEd).

 

56427.jpg

 

18lrylj5s64j9jpg.jpg

 

ttsope.jpg

 

Way cool.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Already know I'll need a character map because I'm really poor in remembering who's who in any book :

 

51uJcmUm23L.jpg

 

Since I'm always reading one fiction / one non-fiction at a time, this is really a fun book, makes me want to pack up and waste a year doing the AT too! :

 

9780767902526_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally finished Stephenson's Reamde. It was a nifty thriller yarn and the endings shoot-out was fun. Then I read Hugh Howey's Sand. Didn't like it as much as his Wool series, but was decent enough. It was basically about salvage divers, but in sand. Didn't bother me that the reason why the world was as it was wasn't really explained.

 

Now I might finish Daniel Dennet's Consciousness Explained properly, that's been my bog reading material until now.

Edited by azatoth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obtained a new 2nd hand kindle (touch, even!) and have put onto it that notorious tome Gravity's Rainbow. Current status: a craving for bananas.

 

Genshiken. Love it <3

 

Very good indeed. Hato is one complicated character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blasted through Less Than Zero in a couple of days. Wasn't digging it at the beginning but it got better. Almost overly dark in some places, especially when you consider that it was wrote when Bret Easton Ellis was 19... Although that's probably also why it got so edgy. The book captured the feeling of and depersonalization well which resonates with me. Overall good book, makes me want to read more. Think I have American Psycho queued next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.