IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Getting back into my reading after spits and spurts over the last decade. Which I regret. Just ordered The Road, Dark Tower 1 &2 and The Wasp Factory. I’m sure you know who the authors are. Gonna start with Wasp.

1 hour ago, prdctvsm said:

still olny 1/2way thru epic 'the stand by stephen king 

Just found out yesterday that there is a new version of The Stand that is even bigger than the original which I read when I was a teenager. Will check that out when I’m up to speed with my reading.

Edited by beerwolf

Dune Messiah. Paul is such a naughty boy. 

and 

spacer.png

Which is great. Typical of Buruma’s style of writing history, so wonderfully engaging. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 2:48 AM, chenGOD said:

Dune Messiah. Paul is such a naughty boy. 

and 

spacer.png

Which is great. Typical of Buruma’s style of writing history, so wonderfully engaging. 

I found this copy of that at work this week

unknown.png

(donated books are piled up on the wings at random and I go around at night picking out decent ones)

• Like 3

00.jpg

“Sun Ra: Art on Saturn” is the first comprehensive collection of all Saturn printed covers, along with hundreds of the best hand-designed, one-of-a-kind sleeves and disc labels, decorated by Ra himself and members of his Arkestra. Essays by Sun Ra catalog preservationist Irwin Chusid, noted Ra scholar John Corbett, and Glenn Jones, who in the 1970s signed Ra to a distribution deal that put countless homemade covers into circulation, add unique insights into the interplanetary life and work of Sun Ra and his Saturn partner Alton Abraham.

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zero said:

how do you like it? I've read most all his stuff, will give this a shot at some point.

p f decent; an unresolved post modern tragedy. q different from the little 've of read of him but w his usual flair for language, description & story telling. sorta reads like dfw x'd w. tim wynton. 8/10. a companion novel/addendum 'stella maris' ft. same characters is 2b published sn

• Like 1

Currently reading Against The Day by Thomas Pynchon, 400 pages in and fascinating so far.

Edit: wow just noticed the first post of the thread contains Against The Day as well, ha. Weird.

Curious to see the top 5 or so fav books from members on here if anyone feels up to sharing?

Edited by Cyteen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i just finished Ray Nayler's The Mountain in the Sea and it was really good. i know at least a few of y'all around here had read Other Minds by Peter Godfrey-Smith a few years ago and this is incorporating a lot of the wonder and curiosity of that but amplified and fictionalized. this story has a lot to do with other stuff too, and the ending felt a little rushed/too buttoned up for me, but overall i really liked it.