IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Guest zaphod
All Tomorrows Parties - William Gibson

be interested to hear what you think...most people dislike the bridge trilogy but that's my favorite gibson book by far.

I really love ATP and Idoru, I haven't read virtual light yet...

However, I also really enjoyed Pattern Recognition just cause it was something different from him.

Guest analogue wings
I really love ATP and Idoru, I haven't read virtual light yet...

However, I also really enjoyed Pattern Recognition just cause it was something different from him.

yeah that's his best book imo

William Gibson, Pattern Recognition

half price book has NO gibson or pkd

That's weird. The one nearest me always has a few Gibson books but PKD never stays in there for very long. Haven't read Pattern Recognition yet. But I read Spook Country a few months ago and was pretty disappointed with it. All the threads in the story don't really start to come together until the end and it was a bit underwhelming.

All Tomorrows Parties - William Gibson

be interested to hear what you think...most people dislike the bridge trilogy but that's my favorite gibson book by far.

Yeah, I'll let you know. From what I've read so far I really like it. I didn't know, before I started reading, that ATP had main characters from Virtual Light. I knew it was following up Idoru though, which is one of my favorites of his.

Guest analogue wings
william burroughs - the place of dead roads

i read a bunch of his stuff when i was 15/16, but i hadn't really been able to get back into him since, but this just great. really funny at points too... you've got to imagine him reading it in that drawly accent. his stuff is really more like a surreal stand-up routine than a novel.

That's the middle one in the trilogy. Cities of the Red Night comes before and The Western Lands comes after. Definitely my fave Burroughs.

VERY interesting to compare those books to the film Dead Man. Hmmm....

Guest atropa

waiting 'til the midnight hour by peniel e. joseph; márquez's memories of my melancholy whores; women writing resistance, collection of essays

on the road

and this huge ass book called A Century of War that covers basically every war of the past century, with pictures and such. it's fascinating.

• 1 month later...
Guest awkward

even though i said i wasnt going to, i am now reading camus's the fall. i didnt go looking for it but it was there on the shelf on the library and it was either that or the yiddish policeman and i just don't know enough about chabon to read that. the fall is big font and pretty short to so why not. sent me right off to sleep last night after about 30 pages too.

i'm not even sure why i considered chabon, i just heard the name also and not sure if in a good way or bad.

one book i really enjoyed was 'down and out in paris and london'. i really like the bum/poor type stories, thats why i like kerouac also i think. can anyone recommend more similar works?

Edited by awkward

Guest telikan

Currently in the midst of For Whom The Bell Tolls, plan on doing Warren Ellis' Crooked Little Vein tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awkward
even though i said i wasnt going to, i am now reading camus's the fall. i didnt go looking for it but it was there on the shelf on the library. the fall is big font and pretty short to so why not. sent me right off to sleep last night after about 30 pages too.

i didnt get it. i'd read it again but i don't think there was much to get

Guest Betty
even though i said i wasnt going to, i am now reading camus's the fall. i didnt go looking for it but it was there on the shelf on the library and it was either that or the yiddish policeman and i just don't know enough about chabon to read that. the fall is big font and pretty short to so why not. sent me right off to sleep last night after about 30 pages too.

i'm not even sure why i considered chabon, i just heard the name also and not sure if in a good way or bad.

Dude, The Yiddish Policeman's Union is my favorite book ever. Give it a go.

Guest Coalbucket PI

trying to read The Aspern Papers by Henry James but I'm not sure I know whats happening

EDIT: oh and i read that book of Charlie Brooker articles when I'm on the toilet

Edited by Coalbucket PI

Guest awkward

Dude, The Yiddish Policeman's Union is my favorite book ever. Give it a go.

lol i went to the library today and once again nearly got it but the blurb makes it sound boring as does the one before about comic writing. i'll get it next time i go. luckily the library is across the street