IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Just finished reading "Galapagos" by Kurt Vonnegut.

Next up is "Fury" by Salman Rushdie.

In the odd free moment on the subway when I don't have a book, I am reading the collected works of Shakespeare on my iPod.

Guest awkward
You want to read Bret Easton Ellis' Glamorama. It's one of my top three novels of all time. His most mature novel, I think.

thanks i will do. i remember cma saying it was ripped off by...something....recent..really badly

was my first vonnegut book and got me hooked. just started re-reading it myself.

In the odd free moment on the subway when I don't have a book, I am reading the collected works of Shakespeare on my iPod.

just as he would have wanted

Guest MajaIloveyou

Re reading Irvine welsh's Acid House before jumping on his latest.

oh and readinf in between boring afternoons Stephen king's massive It.

You want to read Bret Easton Ellis' Glamorama. It's one of my top three novels of all time. His most mature novel, I think.

thanks i will do. i remember cma saying it was ripped off by...something....recent..really badly

zoolander

Guest awkward

if by latest you mean the collection of shorts called "if you liked school you'll love work" then don't bother. really shit. least the half i managed to get through and i'm a big fan of his. or was. or am.

zoolander

well i haven't seen that so thats good i suppose. thanks for the clarification

Dr. Bloodmoney by Philip K. Dick

oh and readinf in between boring afternoons Stephen king's massive It.

Stephen King's The Stand is a great one too. Check that one out when you finish It

Guest MajaIloveyou
if by latest you mean the collection of shorts called "if you liked school you'll love work" then don't bother. really shit. least the half i managed to get through and i'm a big fan of his. or was. or am.

Nah the last one i got is The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs. i have not bought the one you mentioned yet.

and zoolander lol, i saw that film because Bowie's on it briefly.

Stephen King's The Stand is a great one too. Check that one out when you finish It

its gonna be awhile :whistling:

Guest MajaIloveyou

Author:Peter chimaera

English - Horror - Reviews: 364

DOOM: Repercussions of Evil

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.

"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"

So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.

"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons

"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted

The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"

And then John was a zombie.

:*)

Edited by MajaIloveyou

Guest awkward

Nah the last one i got is The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs. i have not bought the one you mentioned yet.

oh yeah i forgot about that one. it was alright, bit far-fetched. not enough leigh though.

Guest MajaIloveyou
oh yeah i forgot about that one. it was alright, bit far-fetched. not enough leigh though.

Reading the small review in wikipedia of each story sounds good so far. why didnt you like it?

was my first vonnegut book and got me hooked. just started re-reading it myself.

just as he would have wanted

I do all my reading on the subway (90% at least). I don't see a problem with it really. Reading on the iPod is not the best, but at least I don't have to carry around the printed versions of the complete shakespeare...(I have those back in Canada).

some james bond books

edit: pretentious twats

I've already read all of the James Bond books.

which i spose would reaffirm that you are indeed, a pretentious twat.?

some james bond books

edit: pretentious twats

I've already read all of the James Bond books.

which i spose would reaffirm that you are indeed, a pretentious twat.?

I guess. Dick Francis books are also awesome.

Guest awkward

Reading the small review in wikipedia of each story sounds good so far. why didnt you like it?

it was alright, bit far-fetched. the ending was silly. took a character out of his usual environment and into san francisco and that stuff felt forced somehow. maybe because i've been to the locations.

reading Marcuse's One Dimensional Man...modern philosophy critique of the technological world, pretty interesting, albeit ive gotten the point of it after 30 pages or so.

• 3 weeks later...