IGNORED

The Black Dog - Radio Scarecrow

Guest ~ism

Currently listening to the long-awaited tBd album, out on Soma - Radio Scarecrow.

Only half way through as I bash this out, but initial signs are good.

I know there's mixed love on here these days for the Black Dog project but for me, this has been an eagerly awaited release and glad it sounds all good so far. Nice tonic to having Quaristice on repeat for the past week or so.

Official release date is 7th April I believe, worth looking out for nearer the time.

Guest ezkerraldean

wow, never heard of this before. i hadn't heard of their Floods EP thing until a few weeks ago either. black dog are too reclusive.

his?

Yeah! Silenced on Dust Science Recs

The latest two have been represses and early stuff

Black Dog was only Ken on his own for one album, Music For Adverts. Everything from 2003 onwards has been Ken, Martin and Richard Dust. Before that it was Ken, Steve Ash and The K1d and before that Ken, Ed and Andy.

Check http://www.dogsquad.co.uk

his?

Yeah! Silenced on Dust Science Recs

The latest two have been represses and early stuff

Black Dog was only Ken on his own for one album, Music For Adverts. Everything from 2003 onwards has been Ken, Martin and Richard Dust. Before that it was Ken, Steve Ash and The K1d and before that Ken, Ed and Andy.

Check http://www.dogsquad.co.uk

aye, that's what i was getting at.

i'm listening to the samples just now - they're a bigger cock tease than ism.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Promo

The last Black Dog record was definitely a big return to form and so glad it was too. Fuckin' Black Dog rule!! I grew up listening to them and they have a massive place in my heart. I was so gutted when the original line up split and Ed & Andy went off to exclusively do Plaid. Back in the day it was big news and I found out by reading the NME which was a damn good rag then.

i suspect the input of martin and richard dust have a lot to do with the return to form. not to take anything away from ken of course! just that the new input perhaps brings out a new dimension as a trio, compared to ken's work with other co-conspirators.

good album... sort of meanders in places, and to be honest not the biggest fan of Floods myself, but some really lush moments elsewhere. Particularly the little surprise penultimate track called Ghost Vexations, plus the likes of Riphead and similar meaty bassy techno stuff.

Defo thumbs up for anyone who liked Silenced.

hmmm... bit pricey. the price shown is ex vat, which isn't too clever. nearly £30 delivered! hmmm... I guess it is quality vinyl and sounds well put together as a package. Feeling the pinch this month..

may have to wait until next pay day...

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get an Advanced copy of this. It's without a doubt the most emotive lushly produced techno electronic music I've heard for bloody ages. Buy buy buy. The opening 12 mins alone are pure bliss. Brilliant sequencing and flow. I put this up there with "Bytes" and "Spanners".

just in about the vinyl:

"Another Sad Day For Vinyl

First some bad news, the pressing plant we use to do our limited edition records has gone into liquidation. We did offer to put that job through with them if it would help, but they just couldn't do it for us. Another sad day for vinyl but the fight goes on.

We couldn't find another plant that does the old school vinyl weight (174gram) but we have found another that will do 142 gram, which is the next best thing and they claim anything over this is "just a waste". We still loved the old "EMI" weight though.

Anyway, this now means that the vinyl version of Radio Scarecrow will be pressed at 142g, not the previously advertised 174g. If anyone wants a refund because of this change please get in touch and we'll gladly give you one."

Archived