IGNORED

Interview with Sean Booth

Guest ~ism

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watmm = geek, xlt = macho

hahaha

i still think they should sell live cd's like underworld does: cdr of the gig itself, after every (!) gig.

edit

edit

edit

Guest Audiorama
Well, I have to admit… I am one of the ones that hangs around We Are The Music Makers…from time to time [Laughs]

lol

~ism, you are the best ism of all ism's.

I must agree, this is some very good interview with ae.

So are we actually the first to read this?

Thank you.

Glasgow 2005> http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...load&id=275

Hemsby 2007 > http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...load&id=324

Quebec 2005 (not soundboard but great quality)>

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...load&id=277

The New york tracks are soundboard as well, about half way down the page here> http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...num=50&st=0

Enjoy man, absolutely fantastic stuff.

we’d been doing a lot of gigs that year…in order to keep income stream going, we did some more gigs – mainly festivals and extended dates, we were doing them to keep above water basically.

does this quote scare the hell out of anyone else? i don't know how literally to take what he is saying, but it sounds like they were gigging just to stay in the black, so to speak. if an established band like autechre, with their record deal, press, popularity, record sales, tours, etc. are cutting it that close in terms of profitability, what does that say bout the chances for new upcoming artists?

does this quote scare the hell out of anyone else? i don't know how literally to take what he is saying, but it sounds like they were gigging just to stay in the black, so to speak. if an established band like autechre, with their record deal, press, popularity, record sales, tours, etc. are cutting it that close in terms of profitability, what does that say bout the chances for new upcoming artists?

bingo.

glad someone mentioned that. welcome to reality - there aint any money in music at this end of the market. period. there's enough to live reasonably within means and earn a decent living...if you are lucky/good enough to be on top of your game and settled within an established market, but even for Ae I guess that ain't going to leave you drowning in cash. To put in context, Arctic Monkeys sold over a third of a million copies of their debut album within a week of release, I'd doubt whether any Warp artist has ever sold that many copies of all their albums put together over any period of time. Or even fucking close. (hey - like the Sheffield connection though?) This aint mainstream appeal music. No mainstream, no megabucks.

Reality check for anyone thinking iddem would send them into the Hollywood Hills...

Of course, I might be wrong. But I've always laughed at some of the chat on here about Ae/Boc/RDJ swilling in cash as if they were 'loaded'. Not exactly P-diddy shit going on here.

So those that nick the music are all the more shitty for it, go buy a a CD or LP and put some money in the pockets of the electronic music artists you support. North Face jackets aint cheap!! :laughing:

Guest tbio2007

Preety Low mate, unless your an internationally famous DJ i.e Tiesto, Sasha e.t.c you are not going to earn alot of money in the electro business.

Given that I am interested now, does anyone know exactly what percentage AE get of their album sales? It seems as if you make more money from touring, either way it doesn't sound like a viable career anymore.

Archived