IGNORED

tekkonkinkreet

Guest Ultravisitor

Guest Ultravisitor

amazing soundtrack

amazing film

i strongly suggest anyone who enjoys plaid's whimsical melodies and generally good tunes, AND a good anime to watch this film.

the animation is stunning, and the storyline's awesome.

anyone else like it?

or are you too busy reading up about that dude being banned? hahahaha

Guest serpico009
amazing soundtrack

amazing film

i strongly suggest anyone who enjoys plaid's whimsical melodies and generally good tunes, AND a good anime to watch this film.

anyone else like it?

it was Okay, but yes Plaid really did put together a great soundtrack. CD-only though, but I guess that makes sense.

I was choosing between this and Parika and I think I would've liked Paprika more. But the animation style is great in Tekkon..., no doubt.

amazing soundtrack

amazing film

anyone else like it?

i had some interest in seeing this, but i have been let down too often by modern anime stuff. the last one i saw was Paprika and it was just kind of forgettable minus a few excellent scenes. give me a reason to watch it being the plaid score and i will check it out.

even though the Great Yoki war was live action, it was the best anime ive seen in years

amazing soundtrack

amazing film

anyone else like it?

i had some interest in seeing this, but i have been let down too often by modern anime stuff. the last one i saw was Paprika and it was just kind of forgettable minus a few excellent scenes. give me a reason to watch it being the plaid score and i will check it out.

even though the Great Yoki war was live action, it was the best anime ive seen in years

Watch Mind Game instead.

Guest Ultravisitor
I was choosing between this and Parika and I think I would've liked Paprika more. But the animation style is great in Tekkon..., no doubt.

same, but i watched both, and enjoyed them both. the only reason i bring up tekkonkinkreet is because i am listening to the soundtrack....well, i was

Watch Mind Game instead.

i hold Mind Game up with Akira and Ghibli stuff. Tekkon doesn't get there but the animation,

the city and White makes it worth watchig one more time for me. Tekkon lost it when the

assassins flew out of the control tower.

amazing soundtrack

amazing film

anyone else like it?

fuck yes, i loved that miike flick. ever see any of the yokai monsters originals of the sixties?

I thought it was great. :fee:

oh come on ... you hate every good film ever released, and then you love this? i had already basically discounted your opinion on film, i guess i can put the final nail in the coffin

Guest Mirezzi
I thought it was great. :fee:

oh come on ... you hate every good film ever released, and then you love this? i had already basically discounted your opinion on film, i guess i can put the final nail in the coffin

I probably held it to a different standard than you did, Mr. Snakes On a Plane.

when's the soundtrack gonna get a proper release?

bleep at least.

grrrr

http://www.discogs.com/release/873217

http://www.discogs.com/release/1051296

by "proper" I mean not $40.00+ on ebay or amazon.jp

well ok then. so you meant "cheap or domestic". proper means it had a sanctioned and commercially available release.

try here, slightly cheaper than $40! http://otaku.com/cgi-bin/productlist.asp?c...amp;x=0&y=0

lol my friend sent me the trailer for it last night,

why do all these anime films feature kids running about?

i dont know, for someone who isnt deeply into the genre they all kind of blend together. Its hard to figure out which ones to watch unless you just only watch the most popular ones which sadly is what i mostly do. And to be pefectly honest i havent seen a good anime film since Akira.

Bought it yesterday actually :) Looking forward to listening to the commentary (assuming it's in English... as Michael Arias is an American...)

I didn't like it as much as Mind Game but it's absolutely stunning on a technical level. The problem is, it's one of those films so CONSISTENTLY visually amazing that you forget how mind blowingly good the animation and effects are once you're 10 minutes into it... but that's probably a good thing cos a films story should be what stands out above anything really. And at the very least the last half of the film has great story... I'll have to watch it again now that I can but I didn't like the beginning of the film much last time I saw it.

And oh yeah the music is definitely very nice!

Guest Ultravisitor
The documentary on the DVD is very cool, but kinda stressful to watch.

Weird thing is, on the menu Plaid are called a "rock duo"...

yeah right! rock duo hahaha

Archived