Tintin a trilogy

o00o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...
Guest bitroast
I fucking LOVE Tintin

I wonder which story angle they'll take. I hope it's not several books thrown in together

I hope it's Red Rachams Treasure, though I'd image it'd be based on Tintin in Tibet being as that's the most popular

man, i am REALLY excited for these films and it's at least 2 years away.

the first one IS The Secret of the Unicorn + Red Rackham's Treasure and directed by Spielberg. also, before this was confirmed there was talk of the 3 films being The Secret of the Unicorn / Red Rackham's Treasure, The Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun and and The Blue Lotus / Tintin in Tibet.

speilberg is apperantly a fan of the books, which gives me lots of hope. you're gonna need a fan of the series to make the film and understand what the series is about.

simon pegg and nick frost are casted for playing thomson and thompson, which is also good. you're gonna need some good comedic chemistry for those two.

Guest Dirty Protest

I was way too working class for this shit. Fuck Tintin and fuck the cast,fuck the crew and fuck punters. When I was 7 I wanted to go to space.

so i keep reading about this amazing technology that james cameron is using in his upcoming amazing movie masterpiece AVATAR, but what the fuck are they talking about?? i havent seen any video or even any still images, representing what the fuck everyone is orgasming over.

so i keep reading about this amazing technology that james cameron is using in his upcoming amazing movie masterpiece AVATAR, but what the fuck are they talking about?? i havent seen any video or even any still images, representing what the fuck everyone is orgasming over.

My thoughts exactly. The synopsis of Avatar didn't get me excited at all.

The reason Peter Jackson wont be directing The Hobbit is due to this adventurous fellow.

I thought it was because Guillermo del Toro told Peter Jackson his mother was calling him right before they asked who wanted to direct the Hobbit.

i haven't seen beowulf - it looks absolutely terrible. Is it?

Looks like Shrek on AVI but is pretty impressive on Blu-ray although still has a stylised cartoon qulaity to it (I think that's the intention). The original Final Fantasy is still the most impressive life like CGI however they can look a little stiff in some scenes which is where Beowulf looks a little more natural given the actors physical involvement.

On that subject Robert Zemeckis could be a good choice for the third Tintin (obviously cashing in on the Harry Potter kid book adventure thing)

Still not sure how this new 3D thing will take off tho, apparently Hollywood are aiming it to be the next big thing in cinemas thanks to the precision of digital technology playing two separate projectors which was always a failing of the old analogue formats.

James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis, and Peter Jackson are in this bubble of not understanding or worrying about the very extreme percentage of the population suffering from what is called 'the uncanny valley effect'

even if potentially James Cameron did make a 100% fully realistic looking CGI creature or humanoid those suffering from the uncanny valley effect will still think it looks 'very fake' or 'too creepy'

this will always be a problem with anything known to be CGI or fake but that looks extremely close to realistic

for instance when Chaosmachine posted that video of the CGI woman, he made the mistake of prefacing it with 'this is cgi' and every jaded fuck and their grandpa started responding 'looks totally fake'

this is a perfect example of how the uncanny valley effect will trump any successful attempt at total real looking CGI

I don't even know why you would want to do full realism with CGI. Let the computer be a computer, truth to materials.

well considering that most large budget action science fiction movies in hollywood these days focus primarily on live-action actors, people in the industry strive to make it 'match' the live action stuff.

Guest bitroast

i thought the reason the tintin films were 3d was to better replicate the style of the books.

i tend to dislike cgi stuffs. the first star wars film hasnt stood the test of time and half of it looks like utter rubbish. i guess the technology is improving at such a silly rate that by the time you release a film implementing cgi, it's gonna look real crap and outdated in a few years.

still though! i'll continue to have faith in these films. it can't be bad. it can't be bad.

why would anyone want cgi to look real? thats so boring, do something interesting with it

but iam excited and worried for this tintin film, hopefully they wont go for the realistic effect.

i wonder which story they will base it on.

Guest bitroast
i wonder which story they will base it on.

first is Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's Treasure, with the second and third possibly being The Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun and and The Blue Lotus / Tintin in Tibet.

apparently Joe Cornish and Edgar Wright are co-writing the script for this. That makes things interesting (If you're from the UK that is, you probably haven't heard of either of them otherwise)

even though the 2 books featured for each film film follow one another in sequence .. i still wonder how much detail is cut just to fit the flow ...

plus yeah ... the cgi better be good ... beowulf was annoying ... not jsut uncanny valley wise ... it was more artistically at fault than anything else .. and don't let me comment about the problems with the scripting ... god .. still it was a something to do movie ...

• 2 years later...

Archived