Joyrex

Should We Have a Plaid Subforum  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Plaid Subforum - A Good Idea?

• Yes, by all means
    • Sure, wouldn't hurt
    • Doesn't matter either way/don't care
    • No, for various reasons
    • I don't like Plaid (the pattern or the band)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no no! a dozen or so good tracks off 5 albums doesn't merit a subforum! Also don't see them releasing another good album judging by the last few.

As for Mu-ziq, his solo material (though good) may not merit a subforum, but him starting planet mu clearly does!

Clark should (depending on the next few releases) be next

i think a cylob subforum would be great because cylob is super productive at the moment and shares his stuff with his fans (see his blog) + i think he's way more creative and innovative than most electronic music artists.

or a ceephax subforum.

why not create an artist talk subforum where all topics have to be related to artists in general

you could then have there all the topics that would be in an artist related forum but not the problem that a certain artist does not deliver enough content to discuss like we now have with vibert and mu-ziq

it would make a nice addition to the ones we already have and at the same time distinguish the artist talk from general banter and new releases

My...

My beating heart

Beats for you only you, only you

It beats for you only you

I could wait forever

For you to arrive

I could wait forever for you

I could wait forever

For you to arrive

To find that freedom

So true and alive

My heart beat beats beats

Beats for you

My beating beating heart

Beats for you

Only you only you

Beat beat beat

Beating heart

(echoes repeating)

(I could wait)

There's an opening (2x)

In the fabric of your love

My beating heart will

Penetrate from above

Beat beat beat beat beat

Beating heart

Beat beat beat

Beating heart

I could wait forever

For you to arrive

To find that freedom

So true and alive

My heart beat beats

Beats for you (2x)

Only you (2x)

Beat beat heartbeat

(repeating till fade)

generic idm subforum

That would be General Banter.

a plaid subforum would be a hotbed for heated discussion, such as the µ-ziq and vibert ones. is this a plan to move gen.banter exclusevly to poop and cheese discussion?

No, not at all. And it's cheese and poop discussion - get your priorities straight.

No no no! a dozen or so good tracks off 5 albums doesn't merit a subforum! Also don't see them releasing another good album judging by the last few.

As for Mu-ziq, his solo material (though good) may not merit a subforum, but him starting planet mu clearly does!

µ-Ziq's back catalogue is impressive, and he was one of the big ones back when electronic music took off in the early 90's, hence his subforum. Agreed on the Plaid track record, and while I like Clark, he really doesn't have much of a back catalogue that typically inspires discussion.

we'd be better off picking up new/upcoming artists.

Again, I think WATMM's focus (what little of it there is) should be on established artists with back catalogues that represent the "best in breed" of our flavour of electronic music. New artists get discussed all the time in Gen Banter, and very few I notice ever get a second or more mention after one notable song or release.

i think a cylob subforum would be great because cylob is super productive at the moment and shares his stuff with his fans (see his blog) + i think he's way more creative and innovative than most IDM artists.

or a ceephax subforum.

I've considered adding Cylob, as he does have the back catalogue, and I think it would help his current releases if they got a bit more exposure, plus, they'd be good discussion on his prior releases (was listening to Kobol last night, fucking awesome song).

why not create an artist talk subforum where all topics have to be related to artists in general

you could then have there all the topics that would be in an artist related forum but not the problem that a certain artist does not deliver enough content to discuss like we now have with vibert and mu-ziq

it would make a nice addition to the ones we already have and at the same time distinguish the artist talk from general banter and new releases

That's an idea, but some have warned against compartmentalizing WATMM any further... The purpose of Subforums are so if someone's looking for info on a particular artist, they don't have to dig as deep through topics than if they only had General Banter to sift through (this was the impetus to begin with, as people were complaining of when one of the big artists had a new release, the main forum was clogged with topics all about that release, and other artists/topics got buried. The other purpose of the Subforums have to do with the eventual WATMM artist sections, covering their entire catalogues, articles, videos, etc. - Entries in the discographies will have linked discussion topics, so whether you're browsing the forums or the main site, you can see related discussions on a particular release.

yes and with some sort of tagging system..

There were plans and even some initial development on this, but unfortunately the work was abandoned due to it being very complex, and of course, having the time to devote to it. Perhaps if the forum software eventually adds tagging, we might be able to do this.

i don't give a F about subforums. i only visit the "view new posts" page.

Arguably, this is the best way to use the forums - you get aggregated topics from all the forums in one spot, not missing a thing. You can then choose what to read, depending on it's relevance/interest to you.

generic electronic music subforum

That would be General Banter.

a plaid subforum would be a hotbed for heated discussion, such as the µ-ziq and vibert ones. is this a plan to move gen.banter exclusevly to poop and cheese discussion?

No, not at all. And it's cheese and poop discussion - get your priorities straight.

µ-Ziq's back catalogue is impressive, and he was one of the big ones back when electronic music took off in the early 90's, hence his subforum. Agreed on the Plaid track record, and while I like Clark, he really doesn't have much of a back catalogue that typically inspires discussion.

we'd be better off picking up new/upcoming artists.

Again, I think WATMM's focus (what little of it there is) should be on established artists with back catalogues that represent the "best in breed" of our flavour of electronic music. New artists get discussed all the time in Gen Banter, and very few I notice ever get a second or more mention after one notable song or release.

i think a cylob subforum would be great because cylob is super productive at the moment and shares his stuff with his fans (see his blog) + i think he's way more creative and innovative than most electronic music artists.

or a ceephax subforum.

I've considered adding Cylob, as he does have the back catalogue, and I think it would help his current releases if they got a bit more exposure, plus, they'd be good discussion on his prior releases (was listening to Kobol last night, fucking awesome song).

That's an idea, but some have warned against compartmentalizing WATMM any further... The purpose of Subforums are so if someone's looking for info on a particular artist, they don't have to dig as deep through topics than if they only had General Banter to sift through (this was the impetus to begin with, as people were complaining of when one of the big artists had a new release, the main forum was clogged with topics all about that release, and other artists/topics got buried. The other purpose of the Subforums have to do with the eventual WATMM artist sections, covering their entire catalogues, articles, videos, etc. - Entries in the discographies will have linked discussion topics, so whether you're browsing the forums or the main site, you can see related discussions on a particular release.

yes and with some sort of tagging system..

There were plans and even some initial development on this, but unfortunately the work was abandoned due to it being very complex, and of course, having the time to devote to it. Perhaps if the forum software eventually adds tagging, we might be able to do this.

i don't give a F about subforums. i only visit the "view new posts" page.

Arguably, this is the best way to use the forums - you get aggregated topics from all the forums in one spot, not missing a thing. You can then choose what to read, depending on it's relevance/interest to you.

cylob it is then

Guest endangered betche

It would be fun to have a Plaid forum, something that some of us have agitated for for years, BUT.....

...where does it end? We can't give a subforum to everyone. I think we're better off sticking with the ones we have, otherwise there will eventually be a endless plethora of ghost town subforums.

:ok:

Archived